Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Serious Question, more or less about $$$

I'm on a bit of a mission to make enough $$$ to move out of the house (I'm 19 turning 20) in May 2006. I figure I need at least $10,000 but yeah, getting a bit off point here.

What I meant to ask is...am I missing out on insane amounts of money by not partaking in "bonus whoring?" I play about 40 hours a week, trying to learn as much as possible, because I need to be at AT LEAST $5/$10 by the end of this year, and obviously for that my game needs to improve. The thing is, I think bonus whoring could be a major distraction since it focuses energy in all the wrong places, but at the same time I might be missing out on too much money here, since my main goal is to make as much money as possible.

Yeah. Well. That certainly didn't come out so well. I think you guys get what I mean though.

So to bonus-whore or not?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Serious Question, more or less about $$$

I think it depends on what limits you're playing at. I'm assuming that you're playing around 1-2, where an extra $100 every week or so would seriously help your BR. If that's the case, whore away. It shouldn't be a distraction as long as you're focusing on the game and not counting hands.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:06 PM

Yes. Free money cannot be bad.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:07 PM

Playing 2/4 and looking to move up to 3/6 soon. I make about $14/hr average, dunno if that's of any use. My problem is more with moving my cash around the whole time. I'm pretty sure Neteller is not instantaneous cash transfer, so doesn't this mean there will be days where I can't play?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:09 PM

I cleared $3600 in bonuses last calender year without particularly trying. If you play micro, it's definitely worth it. As you move to 5/10, it becomes less appealing. I only go for Party/skin bonuses and PokerStars now. I have $800 uncleared at UB and it will probably stay that way.

Lost Wages
Old 02-15-2005, 07:11 PM

If you have an adequate 2/4 BR, you won't have to ship around your whole BR to get the max bonus.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:11 PM

IF you multitable, you could probably earn a lot more by bonus whoring. Just play on the site with the best offer, as long as there are juicy offers out there.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:16 PM

The profitability of BWing will depend a lot on the limit you play and whether you continue to play that at different sites or play smaller.

More important, however, is getting rakeback and given the hours you play it is clear that you are giving up a lot if you don't have an affiliate yet.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:20 PM

whoa...slow down.

I assume rakeback is getting a percentage of the rake you pay back. And getting an affiliate?

BTW, I only play at Paradise right now, so maybe that's why I haven't heard of rakeback and affiliate benefits?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:22 PM

Read the classifieds.

Lost Wages