Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-17-2004, 04:19 PM

Default A Party Poker Cyber Stalker

Last Friday, I had a very good session of 4 tabling 15/30. I was playing my usual agressive game, open raising preflop when appropriate and sometimes semi-bluffing on the flop. One player caught a semi-bluff with overcards, called on the river and beat me with (IIRC) a small pair. For the rest of the evening, he called whenever I bet usually with middle or bottom pair against top pair. Obviously, I didn't try to bluff semi-bluff him once it became apparent he wasn't going to fold to me, and I took a few hundred dollars from him, and he left after busting out.

The next day, I was playing $100 max-buyin 1/2 6-max NL on Party, and the player who had paid me so well types in the chat (he wasn't seated) "CoRed is a big bluffer" I replied "[Player name] should know. He caught me bluffing once last night and paid me off all eveniing" He replied "Yeah right" and I didn't hear from him again. Last night he showed up againg on a 15/30 table and typed "CoRed is a super bluffer". As it happened, I was playing a Q-rag top pair out of the big blind. He typed, "He's bluffing, guaranteed". I got folded to on the turn, showed my hand, which I wouldn't normally do, but I did want to make a liar out of the disgruntled fish.

I then challenged him to sit down and play. (there was at least one seat open) He didn't and apparently disappeared again. I don't really have a point here, I just thought it was kind of amusing. This guy seems to be obsessed with the fact that I "bluff" that he has made it his mission to tell everybody I play against, apparently believing that he will screw up my game. Little does he know that I want people to think I might be bluffing whan I bet. The Party 15/30 players, for the most part, are not that great, but a lot of them do pay attention and will tighten up a lot if you never bet without the goods. Sometimes I do get carried away. I sometimes bluff more than would be optimum, but playing weak-tight is not the way to make money at that level. I have found that getting caught bluffing, or hitting the draw when a semi-bluff is called, puts some players on tilt, but this is the most extreme example I have encountered.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:59 PM

Default Re: A Party Poker Cyber Stalker

Heres my .02, if ya want it.

If you think that this guy trailing you is +ev by telling your opponents incorrectly then you may want to leave it alone. If you were in a tourney and someone did that, that would probably violate some rule(like one player to a hand, or giving info while your involved in a hand) in this case you shold notify Party and they would probably take action. I doubt that they have police watching the games and probably dont know this is happening.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:08 PM

You can check the box 'hide me from search' and he won't be able to find you on the tables as easily.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:15 PM

Or you could change your name on Party.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:42 PM

CoRed is a super bluffer!

You can run but you cannot hide!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2004, 08:17 PM

You're lucky in the cash games, I get someone like this once a week. I don't know what makes them snap. You steal their BB 5-6 times in a row, flop a funny two pair, and give them a [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] when you smash their hopes to quit their job after a big tournament win. Next thing you know they have plans to pummel you on the upcoming PPM cruise. Go figure.

MS Sunshine
Old 12-17-2004, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or you could change your name on Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't hide you if you are on his buddy list.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:14 AM

Semi-bluff on the turn: 1 BB

Full-on bluff, including a pre-flop raise: 3.5BB

A cyber-stalker following you around announcing that you're a bluffer: Priceless