Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-30-2005, 01:08 AM

Default (33) JJ post flop

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t595)
UTG+1 (t1045)
Hero (t725)
Button (t2465)
SB (t875)
BB (t2295)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises t150</font>, Button calls t150, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, BB calls t100

Flop: (t475) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t150</font>, <font color="red">Button raises t350</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

Im really not sure what to do here... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] a decent size bet commits me, and i dont wanna give a free card. I think the line i took is best...check folding seems weak.

-EV
Old 12-30-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Re: (33) JJ post flop

I think your line is fine, and you're correct, check/fold would be very weak here.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:14 AM

Also, does anyone push this if they had t600? I hate playing flop after a standard raise and get lazy...
Old 12-30-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, does anyone push this if they had t600? I hate playing flop after a standard raise and get lazy...

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop yes.

I think your line in the OP is fine. It sucks that you have to fold but I think you're beat 90% of the time here.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If i had 600 chips, im NOT pushing this preflop. If you had the exact same example and got called in the same spots, but with 600 chips, that means you have 450 to play with on the flop. The pot is 475, so you can either push ( which any K will call, or you can checkraise all in, which can induce a bluff from an opponent. Either way, you're going to the felt in this example, but by checkraising you make the most when you're ahead.

In the OP, what range can you put him on PF. From what i've noticed at the $33s, this is more often a mid PP than AK/KQ/KJ. So unless he has a set, i think you're ahead. Once again, check raising all in gets you a bluff. By betting so weak on the flop, most PPs will raise you because you're showing no strength.

P.S. I usually don't like checkraising, but in these short stack situations, it seems like the most profitable action.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:48 PM

Hmm good analysis about the preflop push with t600. However, I think i disagree with you on the flop with the original stack. I don't think many of the players on 33s see the t150 bet as particularly weak. If anything, they might think that I want a call. A check would also be suspicious to a person with 88 (I might be slow playing my AK). The check raise is dangerous because of the flush draw and I dont wanna have to check again if a Q or A comes up. Considering the raise to t350, Im thinking I may be beat..

-EV