Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-26-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Flop a boat...and lay it down =P

[ QUOTE ]
3 people with a few outs each will inevitably lead to atleast one of them hitting his out sooner or later.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're weak tight. If there's 3 others in the pot, that pot is [censored] massive. If I get outdrawn by 10 outs, great; the other times I ship a huge pot. Hero has like 80% pot equity here.

Edit: Of course I advocate leading the flop. Most everything in this thread is assumed. Jesus christ guys

Edit2: for the mentally challenged:
[ QUOTE ]
I usually lead the flop. ... Get the money in ASAP IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that is the absolute perfect flop to lead

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, you need to protect your hand, and to do that you need to bet this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-26-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against 3 people you have no idea what cards you don't want to see here, maybe someone's hanging around with 99 or whatever and will catch it unless you bet/raise, or maybe he has Q6o, or whatever else there is. 3 people with a few outs each will inevitably lead to atleast one of them hitting his out sooner or later. So, you need to protect your hand, and to do that you need to bet this flop. Which also happens to be a good way to disguise your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this hands needs protection, I agree he has to pot this flop but for protection
Old 12-26-2005, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 people with a few outs each will inevitably lead to atleast one of them hitting his out sooner or later.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're weak tight. If there's 3 others in the pot, that pot is [censored] massive. If I get outdrawn by 10 outs, great; the other times I ship a huge pot. Hero has like 80% pot equity here.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is the pot massive when you're calling a halfpot on flop, and beting half pot on turn? And then when you're behind you put the rest of your stack in, that's good play?
Old 12-26-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not massive when there's only half pot bets moving around
Old 12-26-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Against 3 people you have no idea what cards you don't want to see here, maybe someone's hanging around with 99 or whatever and will catch it unless you bet/raise, or maybe he has Q6o, or whatever else there is. 3 people with a few outs each will inevitably lead to atleast one of them hitting his out sooner or later. So, you need to protect your hand, and to do that you need to bet this flop. Which also happens to be a good way to disguise your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this hands needs protection, I agree he has to pot this flop but for protection

[/ QUOTE ]

Headsup, sure you don't need to protect it much, but against half the table they are probably drawing to atleast a decent amount of outs against you, so slowplaying is generally pretty bad here.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Headsup, sure you don't need to protect it much, but against half the table they are probably drawing to atleast a decent amount of outs against you, so slowplaying is generally pretty bad here.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's 3 handed, very likely one has a Q the other has a flush draw. still, bad timing to slowplay
Old 12-26-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually the next 42 occasions. We don't really want that 6 showing up either now do we.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2005, 09:05 PM

The OP mentioned that even if he would have bet the flop, he would have lost; thus, being results oriented. The reply is simply trying to tell the OP that the other times when the fourth queen doesn't come, you're going to be solid, so get your fvcking money in.