Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-25-2005, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Guy brags about having 3 accounts at Poker Stars

[ QUOTE ]
"I don't care about you cheating PP, but Stars is run by decent human beings so cheating them is wrong. "

Can moral relativism have reached such a pinacle? What twisted logic went into this above sentence?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's morally wrong to do both, but <u>I</u> don't care about people cheating party because that site is run by incompetent, arrogant morons. Obviously it’s a greater injustice to cheat an honest person then it is to cheat a crook. This isn’t relativism.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:57 PM

I wouldn't say that the heads of Party are incompetant. They may not do things exactly how people in the US are accustomed to businesses being run, but they are hardly incompetant.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't say that the heads of Party are incompetant. They may not do things exactly how people in the US are accustomed to businesses being run, but they are hardly incompetant.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter where you're from, their customer service is an embarrassment.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I can see they are either trying to drive away high volume players, which seems petty dumb, or they don't understand that driving HV players away will result from some of the things they are doing. Also they're costumer support is just terrible. It's fair, IMO, to judge those running a business by those they hire to relate to their costumers.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:34 PM

if by driving away high volume players you mean driving away the high volume players from here, this is a good business move by Party. Do you see why?
Old 12-25-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if by driving away high volume players you mean driving away the high volume players from here, this is a good business move by Party. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]
I supposedly think it is a good for business? Or you don't think they are actually doing this?

If the latter, let's review some of their recent actions:
-killing Rakeback
-not even bothering to offer some high volume players that emailed them entry into the VIP club.
-Basically lying about how the VIP program works and then not making any offers for December
-They are about to eliminate datamining

Getting screwed pisses people off. High volume players usually make a lot from poker. I wouldn't be surprised if many of them, like me, decided to leave party for Stars even if it's a little -EV.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Getting screwed pisses people off. High volume players usually make a lot from poker. I wouldn't be surprised if many of them, like me, decided to leave party for Stars even if it's a little -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party doesn't care about high volume players, they care about recreational players. I don't think it would bother them much if the high volume players went elsewhere.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Party doesn't care about high volume players, they care about recreational players. I don't think it would bother them much if the high volume players went elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Costs them money. It doesn't make business sense. It doesn't take that much effort or even intelligence to do enough to keep players that would rather play at your site playing there. The ring games at party are much better then anywhere else. If they had a VIP program like stars or allowed rakeback, I'd play there, but they'd rather not make that few thousand dollars a month in rake I guess.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be surprised if many of them, like me, decided to leave party for Stars even if it's a little -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good business move on Party's part. Do you not understand that it's in their best interest not to cater to you?
Old 12-25-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be surprised if many of them, like me, decided to leave party for Stars even if it's a little -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good business move on Party's part. Do you not understand that it's in their best interest not to cater to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I don't understand that some how. It would seem that you'd want as much rake as possible. I guess I'm just an idiot for not understanding Party's advanced strategy for making money.