Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 11-27-2005, 09:28 PM

Default 2 Questions - 1 dumb

1 dumber.

Will either team score three times in a row ?

- Do safeties count ?

Will either team score a special teams touchdown ?

- Does a blocked field goal that is advanced for a touchdown by the KICKING team qualify as a special teams score ?

I assume the answer to both is "yes" but ever since finding out that 2nd half bets include OT but 4th quarter bets do not I figured I always ask ?
Old 11-27-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Re: 2 Questions - 1 dumb

should be a very clear yes to both in my opinion.

#2 is slightly less clear than #1, but to me any touchdown that occurs on special teams (i.e. same story if its a punt that's fumbled and recovered and returned for a TD by the kicking team).
Old 11-28-2005, 03:02 AM

I don't know for sure, but I would say both are "yes." I'd be surprised by anything else.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:24 AM

That's how I saw it.

I rarely mess with these exotic bets but the price seemed very low and I was thinking about betting NO re. the special team TD prop. (The other was just curiosity).

Special team/defensive touchdowns are relatively uncommon; they're not "alert the media" events but I'm guessing that less than two games per week - on average - have one.

If I'm right, or even close to right, the odds against it happening should be in the neighborhood of -700 and tho I forget the price for tonight's game it was not this high.

- To be accurate the price would not be a constant; if a team is known for forcing fumbles or interceptions (or for trying disproportionate number of fake punts or FGs) it's more likely that this game will produce A def. or ST touchdown but even here it's far more unlikely than likely.

I'm curious as to how many games this year have featured one.

How many games NOT how many have occurred; the Vikings did it either twice or 3 times against the Giants but being a yes/no wager this would only count as one occurrence.

Does anyone out there keep stats on this sort of thing ?

I believe we're done with byes meaning there have been 164 games so far this season; has there been a ST/DEF touchdown in more than 20 of them ?

- Seems unlikely
Old 11-28-2005, 01:34 PM

Special team/defensive touchdowns are relatively uncommon; they're not "alert the media" events but I'm guessing that less than two games per week - on average - have one.

Bad guess.

If I'm right, or even close to right, the odds against it happening should be in the neighborhood of -700 and tho I forget the price for tonight's game it was not this high.

Do you think the books might have done some research on these props before putting up the line?

I believe we're done with byes meaning there have been 164 games so far this season; has there been a ST/DEF touchdown in more than 20 of them ?

Yes.

- Seems unlikely

Why?