Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: $22: Abandoning AKo at 10/15 in early position

[ QUOTE ]
I raise the same amount whether I have AA, AK or 72o. T60-65 is my standard raise in lvl 1 regardless of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

You raise 72o? Aggressive!

Raising 60-65 is fine, IMO, except that you need to adjust to the number of limpers/raises, etc. I assume that you meant only if you are first in you raise the same amount?

Also, my 3BB + 1BB/limper "rule" from above is also what I use for AA and KK. I didn't mean to suggest that you should raise huge for AA/KK and less for AK, necessarily. It all depends on a range of factors.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Raising 60-65 is fine, IMO, except that you need to adjust to the number of limpers/raises, etc. I assume that you meant only if you are first in you raise the same amount?

Also, my 3BB + 1BB/limper "rule" from above is also what I use for AA and KK. I didn't mean to suggest that you should raise huge for AA/KK and less for AK, necessarily. It all depends on a range of factors.

[/ QUOTE ]

72o is such an awesome hand. I use the +1BB/limper rule too. If someone raises before me I usually raise three times his raise.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone raises before me I usually raise three times his raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

With which holdings? If I have AK I call behind here because I don't want to give opponent a chance to reraise all-in behing me. I am okay playing AK with position against the preflop aggressor.

If someone raises to, say, 50 in level 1, I think a reraise to 150 is a BIG mistake.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

With which holdings? If I have AK I call behind here because I don't want to give opponent a chance to reraise all-in behing me. I am okay playing AK with position against the preflop aggressor.

If someone raises to, say, 50 in level 1, I think a reraise to 150 is a BIG mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, sorry. AA-QQ. With AK I flat call unless I'm bored and want lots of action [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I only flat call in level 1-2.