Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-09-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Changes that need to be made

Dikshit [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 02:44 PM

I think censoring Richard's nickname is unnecessary. Sure, the word is sometimes used in a crude manner, but so are lots of words that we can't really censor (job, bush, nuts, etc.). Additionally, it's going to result into any discussion of our vice president, or a certain detective with the last name of Tracy as is going on in OOT right now, disnitigrating into both immature banter and criticism of the language filter. I think that a warning from the mods about crude language with regards to this word will be better than censoring it.

Edit: I also think we should abstain from censoring the first word on MH's list for the same reasons. I can be used in a crude manner, but there are legitimate uses as well. It certainly makes calling someone "behind-al" retentive sound pretty ridiculous.

I'm also not sure if penis, vagina, or [censored] got the ax, but proper anatomical names for body parts shouldn't be censored. Doing so just encourages more vulgarity as people come up with more creative names fore them. [censored] should stick around, too, as it not only refers to a body party, but also to a foolish person.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:55 PM

There are plenty of terms in this thread that should get the ax long before synonyms for mammary glands. How is someone supposed to talk about the pink ribbon campaign for breast cancer?

Edit: I guess singular is allowed but plural isn't? Huh?
Old 11-10-2005, 03:19 PM

If you guys want to come up with a definitive, reasonable list, I'll implement it. Otherwise, I'll just update as suggestions come.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:50 PM

Personally, I was pretty happy with the list prior to any additions from MH's list. The only previously uncensored words on there that should get the ax are the ones that contain our favorite word that rhymes with duck. Other than that, I think we as moderators are best off using our own judgment as to what constitutes abusive or profane language, and we can warn and ban people as necessary.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Two Questions from Tommy Angelo

Tommy asked me these by PM, and they seem like valid questions:
[ QUOTE ]
1) If I search for a person, and then I go read one of his posts found by the search, and then I use the back button to navigate away from the post, I get an "expired" page. Then if I go back one more time, I am at the search page, with the fields blank, so I have to start over and do another search in order to get to the user's second post in the list. Is there a better way?

2) It used to be that if I replied in a thread, and I clicked one of the boxes at the bottom (I don't recall the label of the box), I would get all replied in that thread sent to my regular email address. Not that doesn't happen, even if I check the "add to favorites" box. Is there a way I can get posts sent to my regular email again?

[/ QUOTE ]

For (1), is the answer "open each of the posts from the search page in a new window/ tab"? That works, but I agree that going forward to one of the posts and then back to the search results should work too.

For (2), this is the first I've heard about this. Anyone know anything about this? Can it be fixed?
Old 11-10-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Two Questions from Tommy Angelo

[ QUOTE ]
Tommy asked me these by PM, and they seem like valid questions:
[ QUOTE ]
1) If I search for a person, and then I go read one of his posts found by the search, and then I use the back button to navigate away from the post, I get an "expired" page. Then if I go back one more time, I am at the search page, with the fields blank, so I have to start over and do another search in order to get to the user's second post in the list. Is there a better way?

2) It used to be that if I replied in a thread, and I clicked one of the boxes at the bottom (I don't recall the label of the box), I would get all replied in that thread sent to my regular email address. Not that doesn't happen, even if I check the "add to favorites" box. Is there a way I can get posts sent to my regular email again?

[/ QUOTE ]

For (1), is the answer "open each of the posts from the search page in a new window/ tab"? That works, but I agree that going forward to one of the posts and then back to the search results should work too.

For (2), this is the first I've heard about this. Anyone know anything about this? Can it be fixed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it should be fixed. What you can tell him to do in the meantime is scroll to the top of the page. Just below search is this:

Old 11-10-2005, 08:06 PM

I-d-i-o-t shouldn't be censored, IMO.