Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 06:18 AM

Default Re: Bigslick789 owned me bad.

I think all those are needed to pull this play off. It's just not everybody has the balls to go through with it.

Oh and I'd have called with AQ.

I did have a suspision that you had something marginal, since it was obvious I could be reraising with air. Nevertheless, NH sir.

You should post some more here, I'd love to hear some insight into your tournament game.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think all those are needed to pull this play off. It's just not everybody has the balls to go through with it.

Oh and I'd have called with AQ.

I did have a suspision that you had something marginal, since it was obvious I could be reraising with air. Nevertheless, NH sir.

You should post some more here, I'd love to hear some insight into your tournament game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I let him know about this post... I plan on spending more time at this forum than I have in the past, so I'll let him know if there is anything relevant that he should stop by for.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At one point in the tournament I was at a table with The Shrike, SamENole, and TheBeat, hmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

Check please!
Old 11-06-2005, 12:49 AM

After reading all of this, I'm wondering your motives behind the play you attempted (resteal). I mean you know he's stealting and you are doing the same thing. He has you covered and I don't see how with the read you think he has on you that he would simple fold the hand (Which is what you want).
Also once in while in a situation like this (with position) would you consider a call with a mediocre hand in an attempt to outplay him post-flop ?
Old 11-08-2005, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After reading all of this, I'm wondering your motives behind the play you attempted (resteal). I mean you know he's stealting and you are doing the same thing. He has you covered and I don't see how with the read you think he has on you that he would simple fold the hand (Which is what you want).

[/ QUOTE ]
You do realize, 99.9% of people fold bigslicks hand when i reraise right? I think it's stupid to be afraid of a rereraise by a player holding 78o.

[ QUOTE ]
Also once in while in a situation like this (with position) would you consider a call with a mediocre hand in an attempt to outplay him post-flop ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I try to isolate myself against donkeys, not against one of best online poker players in the world. The only hands I might smooth call with here, are mid pairs, since they play real easy post flop.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:58 AM

Yeah, well that's the point you don't know that he's re-raising with 78o. But he knew you were trying to resteal with a crappy hand that his play isn't a fold 99.9% of the time. In this case the cards don't even matter.
You said it best : He owned you bad.
You even had a dead on read on him and you didn't consider putting him on a range of hands or consider a call (Which is almost impossible to make but it was the correct play instead of the proper play that you made).
I don't disagree with your play, I disagree with your logic after his all-in play.("My calling range, is probably AQ, AK, 99+. It might be a little looser though")
I think with your read QJ, JT K9 are good enough.

Also, I disagree with the way you play according to your opponent. If he's a donkey you want to see a flop and if he's better than you than you want to stop playing or making moves post-flop. I don't care if I'm sitting at a table with Phil Ivey, Dan Harrington, Gus Hanson to my left and guys like Strassa and Gigabet at the table. Yeah, I'm way overmatch that they might get me to fold the 3rd nuts against 6 high. At least I would of played my game and learned from the beatting I got. Which is the most valuable play in poker. Learning from the beats others put on you.

Sorry if I take the tone, but it's just what I feel like saying. Plus I really don't care for this forum anymore and the only thing I will read is : Play a hand with the masters or a post from strassa.

Have a nice day.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:17 PM

Thats a pretty horrid analysis. You can't say that calling would have been the right play, no matter what. This is online poker, and its preflop poker, which is about making ranges. Yes I did assign him a range, and T8o isnt beating any of his range, even if i give him.... ANY TWO CARDS IM BEAT.

If i knew he had 78o i still would reraise with T8, I don't give most players credit enough to 3 bet all in with 8 high, and neither should you.

I still don't quite get what the point of your post is, or what you are trying to say.