Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 09-09-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: WSOP PLO Max Pescatori

I cannot back up, nor deny that statement of Mason's. I suck at PLO cash games, and I suck at tourneys, in general. So I have no ground to stand on.

Ya gotta know you suck when even Ted Forrest tells you to sit out of a tourney. Ted is notorious for never saying anything negative about a person. After having Ted, Barry, Asher and a handful of other players telling me to skip the 5k Stud event, I knew I was doomed. I guess I just needed to hear it from many sources I respect.

I couldn't win a tourney if I was simply run over by the deck. Cash games are more my style.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice hand

Do I know you? Or do you know me, should I ask?

I was only able to play in two events this year, but have learned that I have absolutely NO chance in tourneys, so you will likely see me in cash games from now on.

Felicia

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know you, but am aware of you. I travel to some of the major tournaments. I saw you several times at the horseshoe last year, and quite a bit at the Rio this year, seems you were always flitting around talking to players at tables near me.

I should probably have said hello at some point, but the whole "we use the same internet message board" line always seems a big silly. . . [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 07:16 PM

This year was very different for me. Right before the series, I found out that a penny player, another blogger, also had cancer. He made it sound like he was over it, it was in remission or whatever. He totally downplayed it.

The reality was that he was one of those people who doesn't get much, if any benefit from chemo. So unbeknownst to him, the surgery he had on his knee, followed by chemo, only slowed down the cancer, it didn't kill it. It came back in his lungs, and nothing could save him.

Anyway, his best friend got the bright idea that if some of his "poker heroes" called him during his last days, he would die a happy man. I rolled with the idea, and went around forcing everyone to call.

If you haven't read my journal about the experience, it was something else. I was completely shocked by the empathy of the poker community.

So during Charlie's last days, his stars made his time bearable. He was 26.

I'm not usually one to flit around, being a social butterfly, but this was beyond me, I was doing it for someone else, someone much less fortunate than myself.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 07:31 PM

Well doesn't that just transcend the normal triviality of posting! I will have to check out your blog. 26 is just beyond words. Very interesting post.

As regards aces, I don't understand how you could have avoided noticing him given what a strange hat he wears.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Re: WSOP PLO last night on ESPN

Just watched this the other day ... what about that dude, pretty short-stacked and on the button in an unraised pot, folds 9TJQ (at least one-suited if I recall)? I think I'd push in there; or is it a little different in tournament PLO when you get down to the final table?
Old 09-16-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Re: WSOP PLO last night on ESPN

Probably a holdem player waiting for aces or kings