Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 09-06-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: ($22) 3 Basic Bubble Hands- Advice Wanted

While that may be true, I have seen donks spite calling with 55 on a KJ8 flop (although it is quite rare, it happens). Also, you are forgetting about the times they flop bottom pair, or mid pair (even a higher ace with a flush draw).

In the higher limits, even if a player reads you for a stop and go, they simply can't call with 3 overcards on the board.

Although I do see your reasoning, this is just a personal prefrence of mine. Maybe when I gain more experience and become a god of $22 sngs I will learn something from this thread and start using stop and gos. Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2005, 05:46 PM

Default RESULTS + EXPLAINATIONS

Hand 1-

As I said he's made this raise from either SB or BUTTON from almost every orbit. I pushed and he called with QJo, he spikes a Q on flop and my pair of tens doesn't improve.

Hand 2-

I had no reads because I was really busy and not focusing on the SnGs (watching TV with GF) I don't know why, but the hand converter hates me... I was SB and BB was 1520 stack. I pushed all-in and he called with A6o and nothing came on the board.

Hand 3-

I wasn't concerned with the Big Stack, he stayed out of any contested pots. He preferred to take it down when he was button and everyone folded to him. The button here looks like the typical "got lucky in levels 1-3 and still trying to play mediocre hands" kind of guy. I was shortstacked and felt like this would be a nice pot to take down, I pushed and everyone folded.

Thank you all for your input, this is my first time really posting some hands. I'd still like to hear more of people's opinion on these 3 hands
Old 09-06-2005, 05:54 PM

1st:

This one depends on the villian, tight or loose? He has basically commited himself to the pot, is he the type who would try to steal here? Most likely, I push

Hand 2
Given your small chip stack I push.

Hand 3
Push
Old 09-06-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with a stop and go on hand 1, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a stop and go serves any purpose. Whether you push pre flop or bet the rest post flop (which you would have to do based on chip and pot size) the villian is going to call he will call in either situation. And would be more likely to call post flop over pre flop raise.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with a stop and go on hand 1, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a stop and go serves any purpose. Whether you push pre flop or bet the rest post flop (which you would have to do based on chip and pot size) the villian is going to call he will call in either situation. And would be more likely to call post flop over pre flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree... I think a stop n go is when you have a short stack and crap cards. Here I have short (but OK) stack and a good hand. It's better to push all-in now while you have the better hand with a chance he folds compared to after the flop when he either hits something or is enticed into calling.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm very interested in seeing the OP post the results of these hands. I don't think that hand 1 is as clear cut a push as everyone is saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because once we see the results, we'll know the correct play?
Old 09-07-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm very interested in seeing the OP post the results of these hands. I don't think that hand 1 is as clear cut a push as everyone is saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Because once we see the results, we'll know the correct play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry. I guess I should have no interest in seeing the results of the hand. I wasn't implying that if the OP lost the hand, that folding would automatically be the correct play. I wanted to see: a) if button would call the push (as I suspected) and b) if villain's hand was anywhere near the range that I had put him on when I saw the post. That's all.