Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 08-26-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: bubble hand, UB $22

i call here
call or push the turn
Old 08-26-2005, 06:59 PM

Not only did you get an almost perfect flop, but you then got almost perfect action by having the big stack bet big into you. If big stack has 22, AQ, or KQ, so be it. (I highly, highly doubt it). Call the flop bet and push the turn if he fires another round.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:13 PM

Thanks for all the advice.
Actual hand:
I pushed, villain called, showed 22.
So is the consensus just "no way to avoid this"? I thought so, but my immediate reaction to his bet was "pocket deuces"-- possibly because pot-sized bets hadn't happened very often in the later levels. I certainly wasn't looking for a reason to fold when I played and I could be looking for an after-the-fact justification, but when he actually showed it I felt a little sick that his (improbable) hand matched my first instinct.
I was also curious if it being the bubble would affect that decision at all. I don't start playing weak-tight on the bubble, but the combination of factors makes me wonder.
So it's just one of those things? "That's poker"?
I didn't really consider the smooth call because the pot was already so big that a call pot-commits me, plus it's worth taking down there, plus I think a call is even more suspicious than an all-in.
I'll try to be back later to discuss it more.