Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: my first session in a really long time....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd checkraise the river if he capped the turn after I 3-bet, especially if he's tightish. I'd bet intending to 3-bet if I just called the turn raise for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so i put him on too good a hand too quickly on the turn; what's your plan for the river if hero doesn't boat up, check-call if he caps the turn and bet-call if he just calls the 3bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he just calls a 3-bet, I bet-call a non[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], bet-3bet a board pairing card, and probably check-call a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (I'm not super sure about this one, but I can't see myself folding).

Rob
Old 07-07-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would've 3-bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

i haven't played a session in about 2 months, so humor me here, my card sense is lacking at the moment. when he raises the turn, what do you think a decent opponent's hand range is here?

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't played the 3/6 6-max, so I'm not sure what the texture of the game is, but at 5/10 even against a tight player this range can be pretty big. Aside from the flush, he can have any PP higher or lower than JJ(including the set-making ones and especially if one of his cards is a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) or any combo of high card with the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. There are more I can throw in for 6-max, but you said he was a fairly tight players, so I can't include 52s.

Edit: Entity's hand range has some good ones I left out.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:30 PM

[censored], didn't realize this is 6max. In that case, 3-bet the turn. If capped, check call a non-boat making card. If you make a fh, check-raise. If just called, bet any non-spade. Check call a spade.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd checkraise the river if he capped the turn after I 3-bet, especially if he's tightish. I'd bet intending to 3-bet if I just called the turn raise for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so i put him on too good a hand too quickly on the turn; what's your plan for the river if hero doesn't boat up, check-call if he caps the turn and bet-call if he just calls the 3bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he just calls a 3-bet, I ... check-call a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (I'm not super sure about this one, but I can't see myself folding).

[/ QUOTE ]

in my absence from the forum, has the clarkmeister theorem fallen out of vogue?
Old 07-07-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he just calls a 3-bet, I ... check-call a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (I'm not super sure about this one, but I can't see myself folding).

[/ QUOTE ]

in my absence from the forum, has the clarkmeister theorem fallen out of vogue?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's just a matter of me trying to put him on a range of hands -- since he's tight -- that he can call with if he doesn't have a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I'm not positive that he bluffs without a spade, but I don't see too many non-spade hands that can call a 4th spade on the river.

Rob