Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 05-28-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Stars Turbo Multi -- Bubble Play: KK in SB

Situation: After posting SB, Hero has T14,800 and is 20th of 24 players remaining, finishers 1 through 22 receive entry in to WSOP $160 Double shootout. The shorter stacks will not face their blinds for several hands. Play is now hand-by-hand.

I'm omitting reads on UTG because I think reads are irrelevant in this situation beyond the fact that UTG has me covered.

Pot = 10000+20000+20000+(8 x 1000 ante)= 58,000
Push or Fold?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20000 (8 handed) converter

MP2 (t27670)
CO (t16905)
Button (t13190)
Hero (t25800)
BB (t43765)
UTG (t41476)
UTG+1 (t16260)
MP1 (t81077)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls t20000, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ... ?

EDIT: How would your play differ if shorter stacks were to face blinds sooner, especially considering they will all face their blinds before I face another round of blinds.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Stars Turbo Multi -- Bubble Play: KK in SB

[ QUOTE ]
The shorter stacks will not face their blinds for several hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

P-U-S-H
Old 05-28-2005, 01:52 PM

is that the deciding factor? if they were facing their blinds sooner, is it a fold?
Old 05-28-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: How would your play differ if shorter stacks were to face blinds sooner, especially considering they will all face their blinds before I face another round of blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's a fold in this situation and a fold as originally stated. At least 3 players at your table alone will be all-in blind at some point in the next 7 hands. And there is probably at least 1 person at each other table who is in the same boat, especially if the BB goes up to 30k soon (stalling should help this).

Of course, doubling up here gives you the ability to definitely fold in. But right now I think you're better than 4:1 to fold in as it is.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:48 PM

You have to have the other two tables open to know exactly who is going to hit the blinds before you.

I know this tourney as I played it often lately, and if there is 2 more to eliminate until the tourney is over, and the BB is 20K and you are about to get the button, its a clear fold..on your own table UTG, MP2, CO and the Button cannot pay both the SB and the BB, and its probably the same on the other tables too.

You need all the info from all the talbes to make the most informed decision though.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 05-28-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to have the other two tables open to know exactly who is going to hit the blinds before you.

I know this tourney as I played it often lately, and if there is 2 more to eliminate until the tourney is over, and the BB is 20K and you are about to get the button, its a clear fold..on your own table UTG, MP2, CO and the Button cannot pay both the SB and the BB, and its probably the same on the other tables too.

You need all the info from all the talbes to make the most informed decision though.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, unless there are very vew people that will have the blinds put them all in before you come up next, this is an easy fold IMO.

-Rizen