Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 05-26-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Flush draw

lets say you have 99 and flop comes 9s 4s 5d
you bet 100 into a pot of 200 and someone goes
all in on a flush draw, assuming noone else will
call isnt this a bad move? it pisses me off when
people do this and hit their flush
Old 05-26-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Flush draw

They can't know you have a set. If you only have a pair, they are about even money with a lot of fold equity.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They can't know you have a set. If you only have a pair, they are about even money with a lot of fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]
someone actually did this to me once, he had 10s 2s, i
wasnt a happy camper
Old 05-26-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lets say you have 99 and flop comes 9s 4s 5d
you bet 100 into a pot of 200 and someone goes
all in on a flush draw, assuming noone else will
call isnt this a bad move? it pisses me off when
people do this and hit their flush

[/ QUOTE ]

The interesing thing is 'being pissed'. Not speaking to you directly, or even this hand example, but I have a hard time siding with the "can you believe he called me with that crap?!" - following a horrendous (or in this case a 2.5:1 dog) suckout. I never (honestly) get 'pissed' when all of my chips are at risk, holding the superior hand. If my AA get called L1 by a KTo, and he flops a straight...I have no beef with him. I'm delighted that he called with that hand.

Free will is excersied each time you put a chip into the pot. There are times you bet hoping he folds, there are times when you are praying he will call. The decision to put your chip(s) in the pot falls soley on you.

If he told you while you were 'blinking'...."hey guy, I'm on a flush draw". My response isn't "s.o.b, how in the heck can he push that?!" - rather, "hmmm, I know I'm favored here....",
taking in to consideration all of the variables that would have you call or fold.

In reviewing my HH, the only disappointment I feel, are those occasions where I stepped out of my line. If someone else's line is completely void of standard/solid poker & is +$$ to my line - then I'm glad to get the opportunity to play with him.

Anyway ur2god - not busting your chops, swear...just soup box'n. Thanks for the post

Ps. I think pushing over the top of a 1/2 bet rag flop, with a flush draw back-up isn't too bad. Mighty tough for any TP holder to call (he certainly doesn't know trips are lurking) Hero? Wish it wouldn't have to cost me every chip to find out, but a heavy enough favorite to call. When he rivers the third [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], the gets a "nh,gg" - and a "will push a rag flop on a flush draw" note [not that that's a bad thing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]]