Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 04-01-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Announcement: Mastering No-Limit Hold\'em

What target audience (level) is the book aimed towards?
Old 04-01-2005, 07:03 AM

Thanks for promoting your book. I try buy all NL holdem books so I won't let you down either.

Is the book strictly for ring games? Is shorthand play covered?
Old 04-01-2005, 10:23 PM

I consider Russ Fox to be a friend. I have played poker with him quite often. It is true that as of a few years ago Russ was more of an Omaha8 player than a Hold'em player, but even so he was a good Hold'em player, winning the NL event at BARGE a few years back over a tough field.

I also know that he has focussed his attention on NL Hold'em over the last few years for reasons that should be obvious.

I've discussed many poker situations with Russ and have been impressed with his analytical ability and insight. I am looking forward to reading this book.

Just my $0.02.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:42 PM

ncp,

Having no previous knowledge of Fox, I went forth and read a bunch of his articles. I was actually surprised that the numerous articles were actually basically all covering OM. My email was not meant to be personally disparaging as I have no knowledge of his HE experience....rather if any inference was made it was based on the articles and his own assessment of his HE abilities.

I am looking forward to the book, as there is much need for a good NL cash-game book, but I will be sitting back to find out if it's worth my dollars. Especially as S&M, with noteworthy(!) HE experience, are working on a similar book.

Cheers,
the Real Macoy
Old 04-02-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ConJelCo is pleased to announce the impending publication of Mastering No-Limit Hold'em by Russell Fox and Scott T. Harker. The publication date is May 1, 2005.

<P ALIGN=CENTER>
[image]http://www.conjelco.com/isbncovers/1886070210.jpeg" WIDTH=90 HEIGHT=139 ALT="Mastering No-Limit Hold'em Cover[/image]
</P>

Mastering No-Limit Hold'em will retail at $24.95 but until the publication date we're offering it at the special price of $17.50 plus shipping. You can click here to get details or to order.

Because of television, the game of choice for most new poker players is no-limit Hold'em. This has led to changes in the game. With so many players trying to emulate their TV heroes, they tend to play too many weak hands, call too many bets with marginal to poor holdings, and try to make too many big bluffs. Today's skilled player must learn to adapt to these changes in this complex game.

This book covers all aspects of the smaller, fixed buy-in, no-limit hold'em games from understanding your opponents to learning about pot odds. Included are topics seldom written about such as finding the proper amount to bet, how to manage your mental game, bankroll considerations, and how to beat the rake. Also introduced is "The Matrix Theory" a unique tool for understanding just what hands you should play and how they should be played depending on a matrix of considerations few think about.

If you are looking for the most comprehensive guide to fixed buy-in cash games, you need this book!

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO...
Old 04-02-2005, 02:40 AM

Is this dealing more with tournament's or cash games?
Old 04-02-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gentlemen,

Here is an interesting quote from Fox's article 'Laissez les bons temps rouler':

"I will admit that I’m not the world’s greatest Texas Hold’em player. However, many of my opponents in that game had no clue whatsoever of what they were doing." R.Fox

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, I better run right out and get that book...