Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 03-03-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: in which i come back to no limit....

[ QUOTE ]
Played perfectly. However, why not play $100 NL if you are rusty?

[/ QUOTE ]

having played some live games recently, i didn't think i would be rusty; i'd forgotten how different playing nl online is.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:22 AM

Ali-like return to the forum?

Where have you been all my life?

The Doc
Old 03-04-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, if you were playing against me or forrest, you know this is a turbo muck, right? We would clearly have quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

revealing how i would think of more creative ways to lose a stack in big hands vs. princeton kids here would be massively -ev, but whatever line i took would require a lot more thinking than playing against an unknown on party.

edit: replace "princeton kids" with " incredibly attractive and brilliant grad students"......

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed your post
Old 03-04-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you made an Ali-like return to the forum since I have been too preoccupied with petty matters to read your brilliant posts in SS and OOT

Where have you been all my life?

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed your post too
Old 03-04-2005, 12:36 PM

The play that broke you wasn't a rusty move, it was being beaten with the only higher full boat. Your play here was fine, and without a better read on this player, would have been remiss in folding.
hope it works out better next time.
Ez
Old 03-04-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The play that broke you wasn't a rusty move, it was being beaten with the only higher full boat. Your play here was fine, and without a better read on this player, would have been remiss in folding.
hope it works out better next time.
Ez

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, but what i was really saying was that the fact that i was worried about this play shows how rusty i am, especially given how standard a line it was.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:49 PM

Ahh, I see. I went through a similar mode of self doubt when I first got back into the arena after a heartbreak and a bankbreak. We all have those moments of self doubt, but I think the best way to get through them is to read, practice, and play. I played a great game the first day back, despite being "rusty." I was aggressive, but tight. I made a few good moves, a few semibluffs, and a few reads. But over 10 hours I got flopped set over set three times doubling up my opponents the first two times(one was a former pro basketball player, which seemed unfair to me in the overall schematic of justness in the world, but there is no justice in cards...) and I was eventually broke on the third one. I was never in the lead on those hands, I was drawing for quads to win, and I got busted because of it. Is that my fault? a little yes, a little no. I was heads up each time on the flop, and I could have played it differently, but I would, overall, have a smaller ev if I didn't play my hand. I make my profit by my overall style, and plugging those holes are important, but more importantly I have to be sure not to create new holes in my schema by doing so.
Again, hope it works out next time.
Ez