Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 01:34 AM

Default Folding nut flush on river

Just looking for a sanity check on this one. Opponent is decent(semi-tight and semi-aggressive).

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

I can fold this river right?
Old 02-24-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Folding K high flush on river

You sure got boned on that one, easy fold. I might consider check/folding, I think it was only the c/r that slowed him down on the turn, and this is a small pot.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:38 AM

Maybe I'm weak, but I check-fold this after seeing the turn action.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:43 AM

Ok good. Just needed some reassurance on that one.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Folding nut flush on river

I don't think that I would have bet into the river. The flop and turn action would indicate that villian most likely has an ace (I'm thinking with crappy kicker after he called your raise on the turn).

Not betting into the river gives you a 7:1 as to whether villian has an ace or a 2. I don't think that the pot is big enough to make that call.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Folding nut flush on river

The river bet was more to convince myself that I was indeed up against the boat. Since villain was last to act on the flop I figured there was a definite chance his bet could be a pair of 8s.

The turn bet could be the same, with him feeling even more comfortable now that the top board card paired, since it's now more unlikely that I have it. After he only calls my turn checkraise I then put him on either the same pair of 8s or more likely Ace w/small-mid kicker.

On the river I wasn't completely convinced he had the Ace yet, so I was either check-calling or bet-folding. I decided to bet thinking it might (rarely) cause him to fold if he held a 2, but he almost certainly wouldn't raise with it. And with an 8 he would only call or fold. But with an Ace he could call or raise, and I would fold to the raise.