Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 03:11 AM

Default 22 on Button

All players involved are fairly loose passive.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Normally with low pairs I expect to fold the flop if I don't get my set. In this case, however, I'm on the button and a low card flop is checked to me. I figured it was worth a bet. Turn yielded another low card so I bet again, planning on checking the river through if there were any callers. Then the river kills my hand and it's checked to me so the only way I can win is by betting now. Should I have played differently?
Old 02-19-2005, 03:37 AM

Default Re: 22 on Button

Maybe... and this may just be me.... but don't bet into 4 LPPs w/ an underpair to the board.

But let's say you did. And let's say that 2 called, then the board pairs on the turn. Don't bet into 2 LPPs that called your flop bet from a field of 4 with an underpair to a paired board.

But let's say you did. And let's say that both called. And let's say that the baord is now double paired on the river and now you are playing the board. Don't bet into 2 LPPs that called your flop bet (out of a field of 4) and then called your turn bet. Remember... if they are LPP... they don't bet and raise. They just call... And anybody that calls with anything but 22, beats you.

Then again... that may just be me.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:46 AM

So you're saying I played it ok [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm trying to be more aggressive but I guess I really need to choose better spots. Now that I actually try to get player reads, I suppose the next logical step is to use those reads.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So you're saying I played it ok [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm trying to be more aggressive but I guess I really need to choose better spots. Now that I actually try to get player reads, I suppose the next logical step is to use those reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reads are about the hardest thing to figure out. I went through 2/4 before really starting to use reads... Now if playerview goes down (which seems to be pretty frequent with the new release)... I feel completely lost in a hand. I depend on reads to make decisions. At 3/6 and higher, reads are critical to playing.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:14 AM

If checked to on the button, I might consider betting. There's at least a chance that we have the best hand, and we get to use our position going forward. However, with two fairly LP opponents on the turn, I'm not inclined to bet again. At least one of them probably has a piece he's not folding. The river bet is not good after two LP players called the flop and turn. Time to give it up.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:54 AM

I prob wouldnt bet this at any stage and especially if there LPP, maybe HU.