Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 02:50 AM

Default 3 partial hands for review

Sorry for posting several hands in one thread, but I don't want to make several separate posts for what may be some basic decisions. I cut the first two hands off at the point where I was unsure of the best play and want to see what others would do. Hand 3 I'm wondering if my flop play was good/bad/ugly. All comments appreciated.

1)
MP2 is slightly loose, slightly aggressive.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>...Call down from here or fold?

2)
Villain seems very aggressive for the few orbits I've been at table.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>...Is this river worth a call here?

3)
MP1 has been aggressive during my time at the table. He will bet with his draws on the flop. How's my play in this one, especially the flop raise? Is it better to let this one go since I've got the low end of the draw? I figured it was raise/fold territory, so I went for it (in the past I know I would have just called here). I'm more unsure on the correct play each time I look at it.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
Old 02-19-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: 3 partial hands for review

Hand 1 - I'd raise preflop behind a loose limper, especially if the blinds are somewhat tight. On the turn, I probably 3-bet the guy. He would check raise you with a bunch of holdings that he wouldn't raise preflop. He didn't raise preflop so he doesn't have AK. If he caps the turn, I call a bet on the river.

Hand 2 - Raise the flop. The way you played it... against an overly aggressive player, I guess I call. It's only one BB to see what he capped with.

Hand 3 - Okay, so you raised the flop and he checked to you on the turn. You HAVE to bet here heads up.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:20 AM

Default Re: 3 partial hands for review

Thanks for the comments. Looks like I need to keep trying to get more aggressive.

In hand 1, do you not fear the flush on turn? Perhaps I fear I'm up against the nuts too often.

In hand 2 if I raise the flop and get 3-bet, I can easily fold this river if I don't hit the flush then right?