Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2005, 02:19 AM

Default 65s turns flush and gets raised

Questioning all my plays now in my current downslide. I think I should have been more aggressive somewhere in this hand, but unsure if on turn or river.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

Was really considering folding the river there, but just couldn't. I think by not re-raising the turn I really put myself in a tough spot. Or would it have been better to call the turn raise, bet the river and call a possible raise? Any comments appreciated.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: 65s turns flush and gets raised

I like checkraising this flop since MP3 will usually lead at it.

You have to be more aggressive with a flush on the turn and river. On the turn with the button staying in you MUST threebet and cap if possible. The button's call of two cold looks like a possible Ks and you must charge the max to be outdrawn!

Three-bet the river and call a cap. Why do you think you're beat? Just because you got raised on the turn in a big pot by an unknown? Remember that when you lead a flop like this, most players WON'T put you on a flush draw. His AQ or whatever is looking really good to him and he doesn't want another spade to hit, so he is raising you.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:31 AM

You have to 3-bet this turn. With a 3rd player in the pot calling, you can afford to be wrong more often then if it is just HU.

Brad
Old 02-18-2005, 02:38 AM

Yeah I just suck lately. Flop checkraise might have been a good idea, but the turn 3-bet should have been automatic. Just been drawn out on so much recently that I always think I'm up against the nuts. Button had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for top pair, other guy had A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and MHIG. And I was close to dropping this on the river too because of my horrible play on earlier streets.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:39 AM

3bet the turn. Don't give credit for a higher flush quite yet. If he caps then I still lead the river and call a raise.

3bet the river. UTG+1 just called the river raise so I think you won this.

I put UTG+1 on either flopped two pair or a set. I think Button may have a straight(8T?)
Old 02-18-2005, 06:49 AM

I really don't like this flop bet.

-DeathDonkey
Old 02-18-2005, 06:53 AM

Yeah checking and seeing what happens is the way to go here. I'm beginning to check my weak flush draws on the flop in unraised pots as well. I used to bet flush draws on the flop no matter what, but I'm beginning to think that checking the ones that have no pair potential is the way to go. That doesn't mean that I won't check/raise them...

Brad
Old 02-18-2005, 07:05 AM

you have a flush on a non-paired board. give your mom her dress back and get some cash into the pot!