Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 02-04-2005, 04:43 AM

Default Prima NL 5/10 Flopped Nut Flush

The assclowns at prima still haven't fixed the hand histories, so from memory...

EP limps. 2 MP limpers. I limp with Ah 7h in CO. SB completes and BB checks. 6 to flop with 60 bucks.

Flop is 5h 9h jh.
SB checks. BB checks. MP bets 20. MP +1 calls. I make it 75.
(relevant stacks about a thousand; Bettor a bit loose, VP$IP33, caller is somewhat solid, doesn't get out of line.

My reasoning:

1. I'm done slowplaying. I leave a lot of money on the table general: when I flop a set for instance against someones two pair. They're ready to go; I slowplay, a scare card hits, etc.
So I'm ready to get it on.

2. Maybe someone has hit a set or smaller flush here. The bottom line, if another heart hits, the action is over, and if the board pairs I won't be playing a huge pot.

However, I didn't put in the full raise for fear of scaring everyone out, even though they're probably in or out regardless of raise size.
comments?
Old 02-04-2005, 04:48 AM

Default Re: Prima NL 5/10 Flopped Nut Flush

i find being paid off by flopped nut flushes to be more than a bit difficult. really you might as well try and get someone with a smaller flush to reraise you, youre exactly right about the action dying if another heart hits, however considering you have 7/13 hearts thats not terribly likely on the turn.

if someone has a set or two pair it might be easier to rep the A of the suit only, and then "make a play" at the pot on the turn when you miss your draw, this has the added bonus of giving only one card for them to draw at to get a board pair, this is assuming you can play decent poker when the board pairs on the turn and you have a decision to make...

i agree its an interesting spot to maximize.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Prima NL 5/10 Flopped Nut Flush

I think you should make a full raise to 100 as if you had bottom set here.