Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 01-24-2005, 01:25 PM

Default AA turn play?

Party $1/2 table playing more like a $.50/1 table, lots of loose passives. Only read I have is UTG is about 40% VPIP, and 1.6 Aggression factor postflop.

Party $1/2. 10 handed. Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Preflop:UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 fold, <font color="red"> Hero raises</font>, MP3 fold, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop10.5 SB) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img](5 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn20.5 BB) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero ???

The UTG bet totally confused me here. Should I go ahead and raise anyway (perhaps folding to a 3bet? or cap?), or just call? Any thoughts?
Old 01-24-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: AA turn play?

What is villian's pfr? Could he do this with a hand like TT? What about A9 with the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

I think there are plenty of hands that you are still ahead of, and his aggression is high enough that a stop and go is scary, but not life threatening I don't think. I raise here, but am torn between calling down or folding if 3-bet. Capping the turn is out of the question I think.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: AA turn play?

You're beat about 75% of the time here, but I call down... If you're thinking about committing to a raise, then callind down costs the same and you can see the flush cheaper.

W/ an AF of 1.6 and a bet/call on that flop. You're up against a flush (or straight) more often than not. He probably has a baby flush and doesn't want to c/r here in fear that you have a bigger flush.

Just my 2cents....