Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which of these is you?
I have over 100K 6max hands with bb/100 of +0-1 2 2.04%
I have over 100K 6max hands with bb/100 of +1-2 13 13.27%
I have over 100K 6max hands with bb/100 of better than +2 16 16.33%
I don't have enough hands 67 68.37%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Rove\'s memory problems

From the national journal:

[The article also talks about what Rove said to Bush, but I want to focus on what he told the FBI]

"Cooper's testimony to the federal grand jury investigating the Plame leak has directly contradicted Rove's assertions to the president. Cooper has testified that Rove was the person who first told him that Wilson's wife worked for the CIA, although Rove did not name her. Cooper has also testified that Rove told him that Plame helped arrange for Wilson to make a fact-finding trip for the CIA to the African nation of Niger to investigate allegations that then-Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein was trying to buy uranium with which to build a nuclear bomb.

In his first interview with FBI agents working on the leak probe, Rove similarly did not disclose that he had spoken to Cooper, according to sources close to the investigation,

But in subsequent interviews with federal investigators and in his testimony to the grand jury, Rove changed his account, asserting that when the FBI first questioned him, he had simply forgotten about his phone conversation with Cooper. Rove also told prosecutors that he had forgotten about the Cooper conversation when he talked to the president about the matter in the fall of 2003.