Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Does anyone even play the $33s anymore?

Used to play mostly $33s before the Party split, moved down to the $22s intending it to be temporary while I was transferring money back into Party and found the games so enticingly juicy (immediately following the split) that I just stayed (it also coincided with a period when I wasn't able to devote many hours to playing, so having an easier game for those times when I could was appealing). The games seem to be coming back to normal a bit (just easy, rather than ridiculously so), so I might move back up to the $33s soon, and/or maybe give the $55s a shot.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:44 AM

i stopped playing $33's after I discovered the $55's. The $55's are easier than play money tables
Old 11-10-2005, 11:46 AM

I thought this was gonna be a g00t beat post. Disappointing.

-EV

Current Music: None
Old 11-10-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-EV

[/ QUOTE ]

you're a n00b. trade me tmac.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

-EV

[/ QUOTE ]

g00t post!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:36 PM

I only recently started playing STTs. I've been mostly a no-limit cash game and MTT player over a couple years now. My feeling has been that the MTTs are the best in terms of profitability and a gap in skill level, but I just don't have time to play them anymore.

I started with the 22s, and was at first pretty shaky. I wasn't at all sure I'd be a winning player, but after a few (and lots of reading here) things started to clear up.

I decided to take a stab at the 33s just last Sunday. I was in the midst of a good run at the 22s, and I figured I'd probably have my coming statistical downturn as soon as I moved up. Not so, still running quite good.

It looks to me like the 33s are more filled with "poker players" -- e.g., folks who think they know something about poker and who have played a bit -- but that they don't understand specific STT strategy. They're tighter than the 22 guys, but that turns out to be a big mistake. It's correct in the early going, but if you don't know how to push your chips around late, then you're very exploitably wrong. These guys seem to get "frozen" as they try to watch themselves go up the pay scale.

Of course, some of them are savvy. But I'm surprised how many seem uncomfortable in the late going, whether it's on the bubble, final 3, or heads-up. I often lose a big hand, am nearly crippled, and they still let me back into it through stealing.

It may just be because I'm running good, but the 33s almost seem easier than the 22s.

Now that I've said that, I'm ready for Lady Luck to give me a swift kick to the rear end. I'm due.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:44 PM

I play_g00t showed up right after megabet was banned and has 117 posts in like 4 days, all of them troll posts. someone needs a life.