Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 10:43 PM

Default embarrassingly shallow newbie post

o.k., not new to 2+2, or online poker,
however this IS the 1st time i have started focusing on affiliates.

1) is this mutually exclusive in relation to bonus whoring? does joining through an affiliate preclude sign on or reload bonuses?

2)I DO presume this precludes any other type of refer a friend offer. Correct?

3) i presume you can use different affiliates to get in with different cardrooms, (since not all affiliates seem ot cover all the cardrooms)?

4) when do you need to submit/announce an affiliation? is it when you initially create (but not necessarily fund) an account?,
or is it at the first deposit?,
or can it be done at any time?

My reason for asking is that i play mainly on party, and have had that account for about 2 yrs, can I jump on the affiliate/rake back band wagon or is it too late since it was an existing account?

also, I am just starting out with pokertracker, and read the pokertracker guide. in it, they mention that before going ot bed each night, they open four tables at each of several of the party skins for datamining., I have started an empire account, (but not yet deposited), would it similarly be too late to get a rakeback thing going with this?

I need to know now, because I would like to start accounts at more skins to increase, datamining capacity (as soon as I can),. . . but don't want to paint myself out of the rakeback/affiliate picture, (by opening them all now, w/o going through the appropriate affiliates).

5) going back to ?1) if it IS mutually exclusive from bonus whoring, which is better? knowing which forum i am posting in i think ican anticipate the answer, but more importantly - WHY? I realize the answer should have a lot to the way a person plays/deposits/withdraws, etc.
can yall give me some food for thought as to how to decicde which would be more advantageous?

long post,
please excuse its rudimentary questions.
thanks,
doc
Old 11-03-2005, 11:54 PM

Default Re: embarrassingly shallow newbie post

Yep that is a long post but Ill take a stab at it.

1) To be honest I dont really understand the question. Your affilliate will give you a sign up code that will also work as a bonus code. All other reloads will work as normal. The ammount of the bonus will be deducted from your MGR however.

Was I even close??

2) You will use the affiliate code when signing up so I dont think you are elligable to hook up your buddy with a referal.

3)Correct

4)You should make your deal with an affiliate before you make an account with the card room. If you already have a real money account you will not be able to sign up with an affiliate.

Also there is no reason for you to sign up with the skins for mining any more. The guide you read must be out of date because if you play at party their tables arent the same tables as empire,multi,ect. The mined information would be useless to you on party.

5) Again are you asking which is better BW or RB? If that is in fact your question, the answer is both. You can still claim bonuses while getting rakeback. While your clearing the bonus you will basically get 100% rakeback and then drop back down to your normal % when the bonus is clear.

Hope I at least answered a few of your questions.