Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Neteller Accnt Hacked!!!

We just went thru an exercise on this forum wherein a new poster claimed a poker site closed his account and accused him of fraud.

Several posters immediately declared the story to either be trolling or a cheater who was caught.

Neither of those were true, and according to the thread (and thanks to the support of several less cranky 2+2 posters) the player received answers from Absolute and was found to be clean. His account was reopened and his money returned.

The simple fact is that Neteller and Paypal, etc. account logins are susceptible to thefts just like other monetary management systems.

Hopefully you caught this withdrawal before it completely cleared so Neteller can handle this.

There are a few poker sites HQed in Costa Rica I think -- is it possible you made a big transfer or deposit which you forgot about? Or maybe someone used your computer and found your account number and number code to make a deposit in a poker site under a different account login?

If this is true, That's my best guess...someone got your Neteller numbers, deposited into a poker site for a new username, and dumped the chips to another player.

You probably have to be insanely persistent on this to get anywhere. Because you came here to sound the alarm, you owe it to this forum to update us.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:15 PM

Did you recently deposit at a new site? Could you have deposited more than you ment too?
Old 06-04-2005, 10:39 PM

If the thief was attempting to move money from checking to neteller then he was doing it from your PC. Either sitting in front of it or through some backdoor program. Neteller would have frozen the account had the transaction came from another ip or pc.

1. Inform Neteller & let them know you need as much info as possible because you are going to do the following:

2. Call the FBI and let them know you have had money stolen from an offshore account.

3. Call local authorities in Isle of Man

4. Call local authorities in Costa Rica

5. Bug the ever living crap out of neteller every other hour until they find your money and reverse the transaction.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:46 PM

I registered this new account today just to post this message because I don't want to reveal my online identity even though it's just a user name here.

This makes no sense. This is the kind of situation for which you want to use your online identity to prove it's not a troll.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I registered this new account today just to post this message because I don't want to reveal my online identity even though it's just a user name here.

This makes no sense. This is the kind of situation for which you want to use your online identity to prove it's not a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I've had enough of this. Maybe it doesn't make any sense to you. But I do have my own concern. Maybe it doesn't make sense to you why I feel so important to hide my online identity but it doesn't automatically make this a troll.

I guarantee you this is NOT a troll and I will keep you guys posted once I talk to Neteller's investigation dept on Monday.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you recently deposit at a new site? Could you have deposited more than you ment too?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I didn't deposit at a new site recently. The a*s*shole even moved a bunch of money from my BANK ACCOUNT to Neteller using InstaCash. I never use InstaCash coz it charges a hefty fee. So it couldn't be me doing it by accident.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:41 AM

As someone noted, someone was either using your PC or has remote access enabled to your desktop. Look back at all the neteller accounts that have been frozen when someone accessed their bank from another computer.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the thief was attempting to move money from checking to neteller then he was doing it from your PC. Either sitting in front of it or through some backdoor program. Neteller would have frozen the account had the transaction came from another ip or pc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, are you sure about this?

I use my laptop exclusively to move money from my checking account to neteller. And get this, I NEVER leave my laptop on when I'm not using it coz this POS DELL overheats like a mothafucka. In other words, when my laptop is on, I'm always staring at it.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:02 AM

1 example
example 2
Old 06-05-2005, 01:04 AM

100% certain that NETeller will lock and freeze your account if you login from an unusual IP address such as a new country. I speak from personal experience.