Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Isolation play gone sticky-ICKY, 500K guaranteed

Ya, a push is extremely silly here.

Brad
Old 10-24-2005, 02:34 PM

At those levels, most players aren't going to fold to that bet, so either raise more to isolate him, or limp and then play postflop. Postflop looks good, if you got him pegged as a superdonk, he could have anything here, including ace high. A donk's minbet either represents strength or weakness, and most of the time it means weakness. Since he checked to you on the turn, I don't see anything wrong with shoving it in there and will assume he is weak, although I am suprised he didn't try to minbet there again.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At those levels, most players aren't going to fold to that bet, so either raise more to isolate him, or limp and then play postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't necessarily trying to get him to fold, just looking to get him heads up.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At those levels, most players aren't going to fold to that bet, so either raise more to isolate him, or limp and then play postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't necessarily trying to get him to fold, just looking to get him heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what he means (or Ill just say what I think) is that by raising to 85 you will not often get OTHER players to fold...IOW, you are building a pot and very often, not accomplishing what you set out to do, namely, isolate the "donk". Later, when blinds are higher, this is a good move perhaps, but at this level, where everyone thinks their implied odds are through the roof, they will call these types of raises often.