Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Re: 100% standard AJ raptor hand from sb.. in the 55s at least..

So basically, you gave a bunch of chips away to something like KT, J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], or maybe Ax. Yuck.

Where's the risk that you're talking about? I really don't see it, and I also don't see why you're terrified of this hand simply because there's an 8 and a 9 on the board at the same time.

You don't have that big of an edge when you push on the bubble BTW, even if you do it properly. You basically have somewhere in between a 10-20% ROI depending on which thousand SNG chunk you're playing, right? Well, just like everybody else, your tenths and ninths add up to 5% of your finishes (you know where this goes from here so I'm not expanding on it). The bubble advantage simply isn't all that large unless you get there with chips.

edit: OK, it was a badly played bottom 2 instead. But even here you still don't lose the 125 on the river because the pot is 3 way and you can fold when the T hits. I dunno, I really don't like this.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:46 PM

i'm tired from riding a horse all day. all i read was the op and irie's responce. I'm with irie 100%, but I like the average player being weak tight in early play, it makes the game so much easier for me. therefore I shut up a while ago, I will make an exception for you though raptor.

You played this hand like a little sissy on every street.

i concur.

Steve
Old 08-09-2005, 11:15 PM

wow ive been playing the 55s for awhile now and the players still suck enough for me to bet this flop and usually the turn. but maybe i have no idea what im talking about
Old 08-10-2005, 12:37 AM

I like your play because the bb is still in the hand, but if you had been in the bb and everyone folds to the villians flop bet would you play it differently?
Old 08-10-2005, 01:24 AM

You could always drop down to the 33s or 22s. That way your late game advantage would be so large you could pre-flop dump all but AA in levels 1-4 with confidence.

Pokerscott
Old 08-10-2005, 01:39 AM

Hey Raptor,

This may not be a really common situation, but what if the bet on the turn was t125 into a t105 pot? Does this change your play at all? I feel that the t60 bet is suspicious and looking for people that are drawing or playing that ace. A t125 bet makes me think it's a fish trying to take down a pot without resistance.

Thoughts?
Old 08-10-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You could always drop down to the 33s or 22s. That way your late game advantage would be so large you could pre-flop dump all but AA in levels 1-4 with confidence.

Pokerscott

[/ QUOTE ]

is that a personal attack? seriously. i might have to choke a bit** holla
Old 08-10-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Raptor,

This may not be a really common situation, but what if the bet on the turn was t125 into a t105 pot? Does this change your play at all? I feel that the t60 bet is suspicious and looking for people that are drawing or playing that ace. A t125 bet makes me think it's a fish trying to take down a pot without resistance.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

i overbet the pot with monsters because people think it looks bluffy. therefore, i fold just as fast. holla
Old 08-10-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
alright, here is my analysis...people rarely open limp ak or aq in the 55s, and because the pot is not big, i dont see the second limper limping ak or aq either. you are likely ahead, so forchrisakes lead the flop and get some information back. the pot is still very small, so it will be easy to get away from.

[/ QUOTE ]

who said i was worried about AQ or AK? hmm? holla
Old 08-10-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where's the risk that you're talking about? I really don't see it, and I also don't see why you're terrified of this hand simply because there's an 8 and a 9 on the board at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not necessarily that i htink my hand sucks here. i def think i have a strong hand in this situation. however, as many people seemingly fail to realize, i have 2309850923 people to act behind me. position is power in NL. thats the risk right there, im oop. i have to put in a LOT of chips to get the draws out. people just dont fold enough to make it worth it to me. when they get there, i keep losing chips. im perfectly find giving this 60 chip pot or whatever to someone else. by all means, enjoy it by risking 150 chips to get it. holla