Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 10:59 PM

Default A situation that comes up..

Say you are on the button with a hand like 45s. Villian 1 raises 5BB and villian 2 Calls. you and both villians both have over 200BB. Is it correct to call?
Old 07-25-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: A situation that comes up..

my opinion on calling raises with sc's is to call 5% of my stack if i have position and villains are laying good implied odds(ie. same stack size as yours)

in your situation i call with position and stack someone.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:12 PM

I dont play small suited connects in a pot with under 4 people...I need to see 3 limpers or a small raise and 2 more cold calls to start playing those hands. So IMO I would fold in that situation.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:21 PM

I agree here. Part of the issue is that you have to get paid off. A pocket pair doesn't need much help to make a big hand, but suited connectors need a lot of help which might scare off other people. Even if you flop a straight or flush draw, the raiser/caller are most often not going to lay you odds. I'd wait until I know I can get at least 4 way action. Then raised or not, I'm in to see what happens.

On a side note, I think this is also an important reason why you don't call with suited connectors in MP with one or no limpers. You need people in there first.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont play small suited connects in a pot with under 4 people...I need to see 3 limpers or a small raise and 2 more cold calls to start playing those hands. So IMO I would fold in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the considerations you're describing are particularly relevant in a NL cash game. You don't need multiway action to make these hands profitable as you would in limit, especially in a raised pot, even more so against an aggressive raiser. You don't need a sizeable pot to start with. You don't even need to be laid correct odds, exactly, since you can theoretically create a +EV pot with skilled play. I can see throwing away hands like 54s or 86s vs. one tight limper, but unless the raiser is a player I'm not comfortable playing heads-up, I can't see why you wouldn't want to play according to 5/10 rule considerations.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the considerations you're describing are particularly relevant in a NL cash game. You don't need multiway action to make these hands profitable as you would in limit, especially in a raised pot, even more so against an aggressive raiser. You don't need a sizeable pot to start with. You don't even need to be laid correct odds, exactly, since you can theoretically create a +EV pot with skilled play. I can see throwing away hands like 54s or 86s vs. one tight limper, but unless the raiser is a player I'm not comfortable playing heads-up, I can't see why you wouldn't want to play according to 5/10 rule considerations.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. implied odds plenty good enough to call here.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:55 AM

If they're both good players, I like reraising [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Otherwise, I call.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they're both good players, I like reraising [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

/quote]

Whoooooooooooooooooooooa, there, Hot Rod. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2005, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoooooooooooooooooooooa, there, Hot Rod. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]