Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2004, 03:30 PM

Default Help me Jack off?

I'm Having trouble. Maybe I'm gripping too tightly and can't let em go? :P

**********Hand 1:**********
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG <font color="purple">(CS)</font> calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG <font color="purple">(CS)</font> calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">CS bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CS calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">CS bets</font>, Hero...?

CS = calling station. Was playing 80% of the hands during the 50 hands I had been sitting with him.

**********Hand 2:**********
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero ...?

Overcards, plus an OESD. Is this a clear raise?

**********Hand 3:**********
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero...?

Do I keep betting out? Would someone raise me if they caught the flop?
Old 10-05-2004, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Help me Jack off?

I hate Hand #1. Usually I call it down, find that they have an Ace -- but there *are* bluffs in there of folks representing aces. Probably not enough bluffs to call it down though. Any time I lay it down I curse myself for being Mr. Weak-Tight. It'll be interesting to see what others say.

Hand #2, I raise.

Hand #3, I consider checking the turn, and I absolutely check the river. No way a weak queen or king is folding here.

But let's see what the winning players think [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-05-2004, 05:32 PM

Before I comment, I must say that player reads are very very important (obviously). No hand analysis is really complete without them.

Hand 1:

Tough spot. Given that it's heads up, I would have waited until the turn to raise. Having raised the flop I just call down from there. It may sound terrible, but I often find myself calling down in these spots, flop turn and river. Weak? Maybe; but too often in these games you get these guys using the stop-and-go on every street.

Get a read on the guy and call him down. Next time you'll be able to make a better decision.

Hand 2:

You're in pretty good shape, I'd raise for value. If you get 3-bet you clearly must downshift into check-call mode unless you spike your straight.

Hand 3:

I'd check behind on the river unless your opponents are truly horrific calling stations.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:07 AM

Hand #1 - why is this "calling station" leading out on the turn and river? I still think I call down for info, but he seems a little agro for a calling station.

Hand #2. Raise. Your likely ahead and drawing to the nuts. Your having JJ makes another J less likely. You also have a backdoor heart draw, so your in good shape.

Hand # 3. I would consider checking the turn and check the river for sure. IMO you are playing this hand for a 9 - or Ace. I got to think someone has an A, so if you get a Jack you are playing trips into their straight. I also think someone probably has a K or a Q, so your not likely ahead, not going to get a fold, and not drawing very well either.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:27 PM

I think the consensus is clear, I have nothing to add to the posts above, except to say I vote this post "Best Subject Line of the Month". Tee-hee.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:05 PM

hand # 1 is a clear fold. Trust me on this.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have nothing to add to the posts above, except to say I vote this post "Best Subject Line of the Month". Tee-hee.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking more along the lines of the worst subject line of the month, but who am i to judge?
Old 10-07-2004, 05:39 AM

I believe Wal-Mart still have some discount sense-of-humour creme left in store...
Old 10-07-2004, 12:15 PM

I disagree, I might even consider raising and checking down on the river, dont you think if he had an ace he would raise the turn?, it is possible that he was betting out to a rag flop with ace high, however in my experience when people bet out when an ace hits, they are almost always bluffing.
hand 2 is a clear raise,
hand 3 i bet turn and check down river, he could also have a jack and be calling to catch the straight, so in that case you should be good, unless he has something like qj... so check it down

-scottyaa