Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2004, 01:20 PM

Default Re: ducks vs two all-ins

Thanks to all that did answer.

My bet was a little large, but it was targeted for a specific purpose. But pot size was 64K or so.

It was meant to let the short stack know that he would be playing for his whole stack, let the other players know I was serious, and also allow me to get away from the hand if I was reraised as I was.

And yeah, this was a free-roll, but I play cash MTTs too. I got 115B$ and I will convert them to cash (this was UB).
Old 11-24-2004, 03:50 PM

Just curious what you were thinking when you called? At least one of them must have had you beat and the 5 could easily not give you the best hand since if one of them had the 7 you've lost. So "perhaps" one of two 2's would give you the hand, but even a 2 could lose to another set or flush. Not trying to be too critical. Just wanted to know what you were thinking other than 'hey, there's a lot in the pot, I have a lot of chips, why not'.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:27 PM

I didnt call, I folded.

But here is what I was thinking, the min raise short-stack had a marginally good hand, and the re-raiser wanted a chance to bust him, but did not have a strong enough hand to want me in the pot.

We were down to about 20 players, I figured I had a good chance at the side-pot, and it was only another 130K to call. Daniel Negreanu has said that some times the importance of the chips makes pot odds irrelevant. I was not interested in anything but top 3 money, and if I called and lost would still be left with a contentious stack.

It turns out I was right, the min raiser had 88 and the reraiser had KTs (altought that is stronger than what I figured him for), and I would have picked up the side pot. Although he was a slight statistical favorite, my odds for the whole pot probably would have made up for that.

It is interesting to me that answers here are so different from my small pair and a SF draw question. To me that was an easy fold. I would have won that one too, but I was a big dog.