Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: boring line check

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, raise preflop. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not being snide; am i losing value by not raising QTs UTG 6-handed? How does Hero's line change if an A flops and a Q turns...? Still bet & bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a serious answer: it depends.

IMO, not raising from UTG in 6-handed game is just asking for someone to isolate behind you and take control of the hand. Then he has the fold equity, and you don't.

Actually, whenever I'm the first one into a pot in a 6-handed game, open-raising is a must - for the same reasons.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Adam,
Good explanation; what I was actually asking though is what type of game conditions make;
raising this hand in this position > folding this hand in this position (this is what i'd normally do)
Old 11-01-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river if he calls the turn, and I don't see any compelling reason to check this against most opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, this is pretty much what i thought. Another simple question, we're folding to a c/r on either street?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding to a check-raise on the turn is wrong. You'd be getting 6:1 money with more than enough outs to improve.

As I said above, folding to a river check-raise will depend on the river card and will be villain-dependent.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't the turn checkraise be only be aces-up or better with some opponents? I would say having 5 outs is opponent specific too.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the river if he calls the turn, and I don't see any compelling reason to check this against most opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, this is pretty much what i thought. Another simple question, we're folding to a c/r on either street?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding to a check-raise on the turn is wrong. You'd be getting 6:1 money with more than enough outs to improve.

As I said above, folding to a river check-raise will depend on the river card and will be villain-dependent.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't the turn checkraise be only be aces-up or better with some opponents? I would say having 5 outs is opponent specific too.

[/ QUOTE ]

at 5/10, perhaps.

At 10/20, a turn check-raise in no way means 'aces-up or better'.

Adam
Old 11-01-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, raise preflop. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not being snide; am i losing value by not raising QTs UTG 6-handed? How does Hero's line change if an A flops and a Q turns...? Still bet & bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a serious answer: it depends.

IMO, not raising from UTG in 6-handed game is just asking for someone to isolate behind you and take control of the hand. Then he has the fold equity, and you don't.

Actually, whenever I'm the first one into a pot in a 6-handed game, open-raising is a must - for the same reasons.

Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Adam,
Good explanation; what I was actually asking though is what type of game conditions make;
raising this hand in this position > folding this hand in this position (this is what i'd normally do)

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm, all i know is that in 10/20 6-max, I open-raise QTs from UTG 100% of the time.

Adam