Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Big Fold with Top Two

Here is a hand I played yesterday. 5-5 Blind I have 800 and Villian has same. I called UG's $15 raise with 44. flop is A42, check check, J turn he bets 40 i suspect JJ I make it 80 he calls river 3 he checks I bet 150 he calls and shows JJ, trips. I lose. About 45min. later same guy makes it 15 UTG, i call button with KJ small blind calls, three players. Flop is KJ2, small blind leads for 15 UTG calls I call 15 and raise 85, small blind folds UTG calls and raises 250. I couldn't see him doing this with AK or AA considering how he played 3 jacks. Toughest fold in a while but I layed it down. Is that just stupid?? Oh yeah very first post. Todd
Old 12-02-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Big Fold with Top Two

First hand = bet flop
Second hand = Fold preflop. Thats a very good flop for you.. however he smooth called first bet, then reraised your raise = just about biggest sign of strength possible. Can this mean AK/AA from him though? If so, ill gladly go broke if he has KK/JJ, which are both very unlikely due to your holding.
You have to be the judge as far as how good your read was that he can't have AA/AK here, I can't comment on that. Just throw it away preflop, either way.

Oh, and welcome to the board.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:46 PM

Is villain savvy enough to remember how he bet the set last time in hopes of getting you off of a strong hand by playing it this way?...

And why call his pre-flop raise holding only KJ? But if you choose to, I think you're married to this hand on that flop...

Old 12-02-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First hand = bet flop
Second hand = Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree
Old 12-02-2005, 09:39 PM

Bet the flop in hand 1.