Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 10:53 AM

Default Canadian Neteller

Finally clued in today. After paying close to 1k in exchange costs I made USD account.
For those who still use CAN account to bonus whore like I do, just make new USD Neteller account...talk to live chat guy and explain you want to close old CAN account and to transfer balance to new USD account. (or to save exchange premiums I just EFT'd the CAN balance to my checking account.
1 phone call to verify and it's good to go. I shoulda done this 2 years ago.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Canadian Neteller

Good if you are going to get them to send you checks. Bad if you want to EFT out, because if you are in canada they will only let you link a CDN bank account. I asked them why, they told me "security" purposes. Actually, it's so they can charge you for currency conversion on your EFTs.
Booooo
Old 08-17-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good if you are going to get them to send you checks. Bad if you want to EFT out, because if you are in canada they will only let you link a CDN bank account. I asked them why, they told me "security" purposes. Actually, it's so they can charge you for currency conversion on your EFTs.
Booooo

[/ QUOTE ]

EFT out through Party or Empire. They both have an EFT set up for Canadian bank accounts - no conversion fees.

It is a beautiful thing.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Booooo

[/ QUOTE ]

this is wrong. there's absolutely no reason to have a canadian dollar account unless you do transactions on it in canadian dollars, which i dont think is even possible.

the conversion fees you pay when you withdraw by EFT, you pay anyway with a canadian dollar account when the money is put into the neteller account (from a poker site or whatever)
Old 08-17-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Booooo

[/ QUOTE ]

this is wrong. there's absolutely no reason to have a canadian dollar account unless you do transactions on it in canadian dollars, which i dont think is even possible.

the conversion fees you pay when you withdraw by EFT, you pay anyway with a canadian dollar account when the money is put into the neteller account (from a poker site or whatever)

[/ QUOTE ]

What the poster is trying to say is that you must have a Canadian bank account linked to your Neteller account if your address is Canadian - even if your Neteller account is in US Funds.

And I'll reiterate what I stated in my previous post.
When it is time to withdraw to your Canadian bank account, use Empire or Party EFTs. There is no fee to convert and their conversion rate is (slightly) better than the posted rate (check xe.com from current rate).

Even if Neteller sends you a check, the bank will hit you up for a conversion fee when you deposit.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:33 AM

This is a pertinent thread for me.
I live in Ottawa and play on Party, but I'm just about to setup an Empire account for rakeback and I want to increase my bonus whoring. I need an easy way to move money around and I was thinking of Neteller. Will Party/Empire realize that I'm depositing from the same Neteller account?

From the sounds of this, I should set up a USD Neteller account and use it for deposits into my Party and Empire account. I can't have a bank linked to my new Empire account since it would be the same account as Party is liked to (which may raise some flags). To withdraw from my Empire account, I could transfer from Empire to Neteller to Party then EFT to my bank.

Is this the best method? Thoughts?

Steve
Old 08-18-2005, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Will Party/Empire realize that I'm depositing from the same Neteller account?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really the only part of your post I can answer, but they will not care. Even if they call you and ask you about it just tell them the truth. I have and use Neteller at all 4 IGM Party skins (Eurobet doesn't use IGM) and I have never had one problem.

craig