Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Re: I fail to raise AKo from the BB

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: UTG raises 10xBB, folded to you in the BB with AA. UTG has 5xBB left. Do we wait till the flop to put him all-in because pf he is getting greater than 4:1 on his call? No!
Just put him all in, his final pf all-in call will end up being profitable because he subsidized most of it with his original raise. Just like the fish is subsidizing his second pf call with his first loose pf call. It's bad money on top of bad money.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a huge difference between NL and this situation in limit. In this sutation, its not HU and there will be 4 betting rounds no matter how you slice it.

I think 3 betting is a fine play here, just consider the alternatives once in a while. Honestly, I don't feel too strongly playing either way in this hand. I feel both can be correct and both have merits. I'm not going to continue to debate the point b/c honestly, it doesn't matter. All I'm trying to point out is that there are 2 ways of looking at this situation and both can be correct in various situations.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: UTG raises 10xBB, folded to you in the BB with AA. UTG has 5xBB left. Do we wait till the flop to put him all-in because pf he is getting greater than 4:1 on his call? No!
Just put him all in, his final pf all-in call will end up being profitable because he subsidized most of it with his original raise. Just like the fish is subsidizing his second pf call with his first loose pf call. It's bad money on top of bad money.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a huge difference between NL and this situation in limit. In this sutation, its not HU and there will be 4 betting rounds no matter how you slice it.

I think 3 betting is a fine play here, just consider the alternatives once in a while. Honestly, I don't feel too strongly playing either way in this hand. I feel both can be correct and both have merits. I'm not going to continue to debate the point b/c honestly, it doesn't matter. All I'm trying to point out is that there are 2 ways of looking at this situation and both can be correct in various situations.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, I was just trying to make the point that it doesn't matter whether his second call is profitable or not. In the end, when he puts in 3 bets with crap, it is more expensive for him. It was an extreme example.

Anyways, our edge pf is not small.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:28 PM

If you feared a boat <edit> or flush </edit>, why didnt you just check/call on the river? You would have lost the same amount, plus you would have had a chance of getting it.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:19 AM

Here is a funny post from MHNL

KK better than AA
Old 11-18-2005, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
By raising you force all the others who already made a mistake by entering the pot, you force them to contribute more money to the pot, thus providing the pot with more dead money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most hands are not "dead money" preflop to AK.