Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Is it allowed or not to play at several Party skins?

I recently cleared a bonus at Empire and I'm looking at the sign-up bonus at Multipoker now, but I'm a bit concerned about whether or not I'm allowed to do this. I've read the T&C, but couldn't find anything about playing at multiple Party skins. At the same time you have to jump through some hoops to install and register at the same computer.

What gives, am I allowed to sign up with more than one Party skin?

Also, I just read at a swedish poker forum that the trick with deleting the registry key does no longer work (one poster reports it worked a couple of weeks ago, another that it did not work 2-3 days ago).

Has anybody here successfully registered at multiple Party skins from the same computer within the last couple of days?
Old 02-13-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Is it allowed or not to play at several Party skins?

Their system if detected will not let you sign up on multiple skins, however, currently, noone has ever been penalized for having multiple skins. Long ago, like over a year ago, you used to be able to sign up under all of them and they didnt care. They claim for security, but their system does not allow the same ISP to play at the same table, my guess is they are aware of rake rebate seekers and want to discourage people making too much off of it or shopping around for a better one.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:30 PM

I just did this last week on Empire under the advice of AnicentPC. Different userid, same email. I always had the account for several months, never touched it, then made a first deposit. It did this caterpillar to butterfly morph. The account was made into a real money account. Had to reload the software, for it to do it.

Once that happen, paypro put a hold on it. I called an hour afterwards. Spoke to one of the support reps in india. They questioned me on the account, I confirmed I also had an account on party. He wanted address and DOB verification. Gave it. I volunteered giving him my Neteller #. Gave it. He did asked me about my friends party referrals (one was a former roommate), I answered I knew the guy, but I dont live with him. So I figured I gave him whatever the hell he needed. He said he call back, 20 min later, my account is back to normal and ready to play.

Now I just did a cashout on empire, but took a little longer than 24hrs to get to neteller. I have had moderate success with paypro support. Sometimes they take care of it instantly, sometimes they want other verification b.s. It certainly helps if your party listed address is the same.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:16 PM

I've heard about regedit not working either. However, I just did it on my laptop and made a 2nd Empire account. It worked fine despite being a member at 6 other Party skins. It seems the demise of regedit has been greatly exxagerated.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:51 AM

Thanks for the info, everybody.

I have my entire BR at Empire at the moment. Should I cash out to NETeller and wait until my money is safely in my account before trying to sign up for a new Party skin or would that be too paranoid?
Old 02-14-2005, 04:38 AM

Unfortunately it seems that you are stuck with playing at one Party site. I got this response when contacting Multipoker's support asking if I could sign up with them (which should be in their interest):

[ QUOTE ]
We are sorry to tell you that we do not allow a player to open more than one account in our poker gaming system. You currently have an account with one of the website that is supported by our poker system which is powered and regulated by iGlobalMedia.com. Thus, creating another account will not be allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'll have to find other sites to play at. Too bad, since the prospect of whoring all these Party skins as recommended in Homer's newbie guide seemed so promising. New plan, I guess.