Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 08:27 PM

Default here\'s one - maybe interesting turn decision

UTG is a little loose preflop (limps with crap aces in mp), but seems typical postflop

BB is fairly unknown but seems reasonable. fwiw, when he 3-bet out of the bb, i put him on the standard range.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero ????
Old 07-19-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: here\'s one - maybe interesting turn decision

Ugh. Well, UTG likes his diamond enough to raise with it, and I'd be a little surprised if BB fired into two opponents again without one (I guess he could be betting with a set of tens, though, or as his last contribution to the pot).

So I guess we're hoping one has the queen and the other has the jack, or we're hoping BB is bluffing and UTG has Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], or we're hoping BB has Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and UTG is being optimistic with his A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?

I don't know if I'd actually do it, but I'm kind of thinking folding might be best. In any event, I think I would be deciding between that and calling.

By the way, on the flop, I'd consider raising. It's possible that's reckless, though.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:52 PM

at what point do you stop raising with KQ behind one limper? my KQ play is always changing.. i don't open limp with KQ if not in early position, but these days i'm just limping here. big mistake?

i'm definitely raising the flop. i don't think BB is 3betting you without a made flush. even if he has one he might not 3bet the flop. on the turn i throw up and i have no advice for you.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:06 PM

I think I am just calling this to try and bring BB along for the ride with his PP. By calling you collect(possibly) 1BB from the BB on the turn and 2BB from UTG and BB on the river. If we 3-bet the turn we lose BB gaining only 2BB total from UTG. If UTG is bluffing or has just a weak [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] we could lose him too. If we 3-bet the turn and it gets capped that would suck because I really want to showdown my hand. The only time (I think) where raising is better is if BB is holding TT and we would be destroying his odds to draw to the FH, but with ten outs that not easy to do.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, on the flop, I'd consider raising. It's possible that's reckless, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a flop raise is reckless at all. Well, maybe it is, but I certainly would raise that flop with two overs and the second nutflush draw.

this turn is very interesting. the read on utg here is what makes this a real problem because it is very likely that we are drawing dead right here since utg likes his aces PF regardless of the kicker. I think calling the raise and folding to a cap might be best, but I don't like any option that we have on this hand since raising is chip spewing here

-keith
Old 07-19-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at what point do you stop raising with KQ behind one limper? my KQ play is always changing.. i don't open limp with KQ if not in early position, but these days i'm just limping here. big mistake?

[/ QUOTE ]

I always raise KQ. I want the button, and the value. I dont raise it from the blinds.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:50 PM

one limper, I'm raising. our is too good against a sole limper not to raise PF. Two limpers is where I start to consider limping too. Of course that is one of those "it depends" situations. I could very well raise two limpers if I can buy the button. three limpers, I'm limping
Old 07-19-2005, 10:20 PM

I think I grit my teeth and call here, call river, bet if checked to.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I'd actually do it, but I'm kind of thinking folding might be best. In any event, I think I would be deciding between that and calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't you think it's a little unnatural for the nut flush to raise the turn here when there is a potential caller to act behind him? almost everybody slowplays the nuts in this spot. i definitely don't think i can fold, at least not yet.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:15 AM

Easy call.