Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 12:54 AM

Default 3bet the nuts on a drawy board from OOP?

PParty Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Hero ($200)
MP ($173)
CO ($1588.76)
Button ($95)
SB ($159)
BB ($435.68)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T, T. Hero posts a blind of $2. SB posts a blind of $1.
MP calls $2, CO raises to $4, 2 folds, Hero (poster) calls $2, MP calls $2.

Flop: ($13) T, 3, 2 (4 players)
Hero bets $10, MP calls $10, CO raises to $30, Hero ...
Old 12-16-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: 3bet the nuts on a drawy board from OOP?

Suits?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:58 AM

Yes.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:59 AM

two spades on the flop.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:09 AM

You don't give any reads on villain, but with that stack I assume he's a LAG willing to put it in the middle. Reraise to 60 and see if he wants to get it all in.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:18 AM

why no preflop raise?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why no preflop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the OP, but against a deep stacked LAG with position, wouldn't you prefer to trap? Also, a reraise will probably knock out the MP, whereas a call will almost guarantee he comes along.

If I hit my set, I would prefer two opps to one, with a better chance of getting paid off.

Not contesting, but why would you prefer to raise there?
Old 12-16-2005, 01:20 PM

Well it depends on all what you want to do. With what you are trying to do by getting as much money as you can in there I'd just call hoping MP calls too. Then on any non-spade A or K, I lead for 3/4s of the pot on the turn. Then play accordingly from there on out.

Or

You can go ahead and just anounce your hand and re-raise and see if MP is on the flush draw and if they want to dance or not or he may have a smaller set and he may even push at this point, which would be good for you. Also by re-raising here you could also get the original preflop raiser out with JJ-AA hands knowing that he is up against a set and he can safely fold.

So this is a situational type decision. 3-Bet it here and take down the pot right now and possibly loose out on some action on further streets? Or just call and and lead on the Turn and possibly get some more chips or even possibly stack one/or both players on the turn providing neither of them hit's their 1 or two outer, or if on the flush draw hitting that 30%.

Would have to be player dependant an what they might be holding an how you could extract the most with out jeopardizing a good size of your stack and losing the pot. I see many decisions here but it is entirely based upon the "situation" and you must go from there.

Ed S.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:32 PM

You're OOP and there are a lot of cards you don't want to see. Don't give yourself the chance to make a big mistake on the turn. Let an underset, or maybe overpair or big draw make the mistake now. Push it in.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:38 PM

Garland teaches that you should always keep track of players minraises, both pre-and post flop. Absent a read this is normally some kind of hand that is trying to build a pot when it hits. So, what do you know about villain besides he's got a huge stack?

Generally if I put villain on a draw, and who knows about MP, I'm going to flat call here to keep MP in. If MP calls then there is either a smaller set and a flush draw, or CO has AA, KK and is raising for information. Generally I interpret this as a raise for a free card. You have the same odds for the board pairing as a flush draw, so I'm going to flat call and push a non-spade w/ no A or K on the turn. If the turn brings trouble it's either push or check/fold to CO's push. You know CO will put you all- in as he didn't get that big stack by being a pussy. You're approx. a 4-1 favorite to get a good card on the turn.