Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Blind wars...yet another Chief Vs. Qtip battle...

He 3-bet OOP preflop and his 88 would be the best hand a lot of the time here (but very vulernable to overcards). I don't see how he can check here. Did you mean to ask whether he would bet/fold here?

That depends on whether you would play fast with an A, how often you would raise with a PP, what the chances are you'll release a higher PP, and what the chances are you'll see a showdown with the weaker ones.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:40 PM

you defend your sb too much imo.

the 3-bet with A6 is pretty bad too.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:47 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

[ QUOTE ]
you defend your sb too much imo.

the 3-bet with A6 is pretty bad too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to chime in on this thread as well. If i'm defending with weak aces, I'm always calling, not three betting. I would rather three-bet with K10, QJ, 66, etc.

Edit - this applies more to the BB, but I think that I'm folding most of my weak aces from the sb here.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:52 PM

Yeah, I'd often fold A2 here. So I agree. I should have said postflop we were playing seriously. Preflop I sat for about two rounds total and made my mind up to mix it up once at least with Qtip. But I'd normally muck this.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'd often fold A2 here. So I agree. I should have said postflop we were playing seriously. Preflop I sat for about two rounds total and made my mind up to mix it up once at least with Qtip. But I'd normally muck this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Honestly, on the turn, I was more like "oh no you don't punk lol!" (I expected a raise from you because you're like that when we mix it up). Then...afer you capped, I started thinking about it seriously almost folded then decided I would fold to a river bet UI.

I love it when we mix it up, and I think I just like the action that we give each other more than actually thinking too hard! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Oh well...it's always fun.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:48 PM

Ok, by the look of things I put Qtip on the button with Ax, raising to buy. I put Chief on small PP, like 44, 66 or even as good as 88, or suited connectors... like 53(not so likely) or 57, 56, 67, 87 or 86s... maybe a strong A.

The more I think about it... it has to be AStrong... why bet the flop, and re raise pre flop, and cap the turn....

So Qtip has Ax, and Chief has PP or AStrong
Old 06-17-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
or suited connectors... like 53(not so likely) or 57, 56, 67, 87 or 86s

[/ QUOTE ]
You can pretty much toss any hands with no showdown value out the window the second I 3-bet preflop. Certainly most of those you have listed are hitting the muck preflop here.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:58 PM

ok, now I read the thread... I was partially right... I think picking someone you want to mix it up with is not good poker... however, I think the betting out was good once the poor pre flop play with those hands... I understand the bet on the river... a continuation bet... but i don't like the capping of the turn... I like folding here to the re raise with a super weak ace... or just callings and praying for the str8...