Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 03:20 AM

Default Borgata 6/12

Going to Borgata this week (Sun-Wed) to play some satellites and 6/12. I've only played up to 5/10 B&M but play 3/6 6max and full regularly online. Was just looking for some tips, what to look out for, what kind of game to expect, if $300 is the standard buyin, etc. Played countless hours of 2/4 and 3/6 at Borgata in the past and found it to be thoroughly boring and useless. (ok 2/4 moreso than 3/6)

Anyone who knows me and will be around, drop me a line.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Borgata 6/12

Sup bro,

I was at the Borg last month, playing the 6/12 from Sun - Wed and it was wicked soft most of the time. Softer than Party 2/4, for sure. Way more passive than 3/6 6max.

The 10/20 games looked pretty good too, if you run hot at 6/12 and want to take a shot. Then again, your mileage may vary.

The only thing about the Borg I didn't like, other than it being a billion hour drive from Boston, was that it was freaking impossible for me to figure out how to get into the damn place when I first got there. I could SEE THE BUILDING, but I kept missing that little blue / purple sign that tells you to make the left onto that ramp. I ended up driving in circles in a neighborhood that looked straight out of Grand Theft Auto. Good times.

-Brian

Edit - Just noticed that we actually picked the same strange duration for our respective trips. Weird!
Old 09-10-2005, 08:39 AM

Every time I've played it by the end I thought I was at a 2/4 table. There seems to be a few solid players...but alot of people throwing money away. Later in the night, the looser it gets. If you play smart and a few hands go your way you're leaving the table up. So as long as the size of the blinds don't bother you just play the game.
Old 09-11-2005, 11:53 PM

My experience was that it was loose, but also super passive. If you get raised, your top pair is not good a huge % of the time. It was frustrating, because it was hard to get paid off big, you'll win pots, but it's a lot of small ones and frankly it just wasn't that much fun to play. If you can swing it, I'd suggest the 10/20 which seemed (from obvservation) to have a lot more action.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:52 AM

It's been about 6 weeks since my last $6-12 there, but thought it was a lot easier to beat than lower limits. I've found $340 a good start or $240+100 in reserve. It tended to get short handed after 1:00am, perhaps two tables of 5-7 players becoming a single full game again by 6am and back to two/three tables by 11:00am.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:36 PM

Most of the advice above about Borg. 6/12 and 10/20 is correct. Extremely beatable, soft, passive, etc. games. 10/20 has more thinking players, but they are relatively easy to outplay if you are a sound winning player. To partially quote a previous post on this board, you will not "get a hairball" when check-raised on the turn in these games....your 1 pair is noooo good. Find the guys who pay off with any piece of the board (or less) and run over them.

Hope this helps,

pal
Old 09-12-2005, 05:01 PM

spent 8 hours playing it last night and, while it was the highest limit i've ever played, it felt like a 3/6 game. maybe a bit more bluffing, but lots of showdowns were seen at my table. maybe i was at an exceptionally soft table. people cold-calling raises from the SB w/ K5o, that sort of thing. a bit too much testosterone at the table too, like hopeless bluffs on the river with busted draws. throw them some rope and happily call with A-high. lots of fun.