Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-29-2005, 06:50 AM

Default Get to Showdown Get to Showdown Get to Showdown

Villain seems TAGish. Table just broke up from full ring and this is one of the first hands shorthanded.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls planing on calling a non spade river.

Fine?
Old 12-29-2005, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Get to Showdown Get to Showdown Get to Showdown

Sounds like a plan. Personally I would have folded pre and only called the flop raise and then donked the turn. Why, the flop 3-bet? Won't missed overcards call the turn anyway now since the pot is so big. Especially if he has something like overcards + a gutshot which seems like a possible hand.

Is that really a standard defense at 15/30 against a taggish UTG raise? I know, diffrent blinds than what I'm used to and only 5-handed... still... move him to MP/CO and I'd play.

EDIT: Forget my comment about his possible overcard+gutshot holdings after the flop 3-bet since they depend on the 9 falling on the turn. Not fully awake yet.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:24 PM

Well now that I think about it the flop 3-bet may be useless here. Villain isn't going to check behind on the the turn here. He'll probably make a continuation bet in order to get me to fold.

Does that mean I should just check/call the turn too?
Old 12-29-2005, 08:35 PM

Well, I'm folding pre-flop. An UTG raise 5-handed from a TAG is much different than a button open. Given how you played it, I think once he raises that flop, you should be calling the bet and giving up on the turn without improvement. Since you did improve however, I like a check-call down.

Edit: Actually, I'm probably just pitching to the flop-raise.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:36 PM

Whoa.

I fold preflop to a TAG UTG pfr. I'm not really sure what you hope to achieve with the flop 3bet UI? You're going to need to follow through on the turn UI too, resulting in a big investment for a mediocre chance of folding him.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:59 PM

Yeah it seems everytime I move up in limits I turn into a LAG.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah it seems everytime I move up in limits I turn into a LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like spewing all over the place to me.

Krishan