Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2005, 03:01 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default How petty....Super Nit

On a 10-20 a new player comes in and sits down in the CO. He chooses to wait to post. Blinds come around to him, he says he'll post after the blinds. Dealer says that the rule is that it'd be posted as missing your blinds($15) than a new player post($10) because you can't come in at the same position. Meaning, if it was the HiJack seat, then he would be able to post in the CO after the blinds for $10. That was news to me as I always heard you could let the blinds pass once no matter where you came in at. No biggie, you'd think. Post and ask the floor about it later. NOPE. This guy wanted a ruling.

The guy: The most miserable man in Muckleshoot. Bitter guy who gives nothing for anyone. Once saw him snap at a guy sitting on his left to 'get his own table' because he wanted to share it with him for their cigarettes/drinks and there wasn't another table close by. Along with being a super-nit. This is a guy who will get snapped on a hand, sit out and ask for a set up, get up and walk around, then at the 29 min mark (they allow 30 mins away from the table) he'll come in, rack up and leave. This happens with some regularity.

So anyways, a floor comes over and makes the ruling agreeing with the dealer. All is fine, ready to go? NOPE. Now super nit wants the managers involved. So now we have 3-4 floor people hearing it all again, blah blah....

Result: After about 15+mins of him over by the managers desk pleading his case, original decision is overruled, he can let the blinds pass. Meanwhile all this is going on, the game has continued and the blinds have since passed him again. 5-10 mins later, it's time for him to post his BB, player asks if he's going to post, he says no, that he'll post afterward. Player asking now stands up. Mind you, this player doesn't have a history of getting angry. He's one of the most pleasant people you can play with. He asks super nit if we were all supposed to wait forever for him to make up his mind and hold up the game just for him, blah blah... Super nit gets all pissy and asks if the player want's super nit to leave. (my mind is screaming in big letters YES!, but I digress [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) Player asks if he's going to post his blinds. Nit says no, player packs his chips and goes on the board for another table. Nit now sits out as he needs a coffin nail bad. While sitting out, as the blinds are passing him, he gets called for the opening of a 6-12 table. So he gets his stuff and leaves essentially never playing a hand.

All this, over $5. The guy is sitting down with likely $500 and he's that worried about $5 enough to spend 20 mins on it.

Funny thing, as they were starting that 6-12, the player who left first, who stood up, was also called for that table. Upon seeing who was going to be at that table, he passed and waited for another one.

It was rather entertaining. I went up to the floor who made the overruling and jokingly said how all this was over $5. They just shook their head, rolled their eyes and sarcasticaly mentioned how it'd be nice if supernit got the hell out and never came back.

b