Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Re: I Hate This River

[ QUOTE ]
I vote check/call as well, every single draw just came in,

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-03-2005, 02:14 AM

all the draws? i see one draw.
everyone who wants to checkcall the river, please attempt to explain why you would play this way.
i think checkcalling there is a pretty bad play.

i do agree with those that said you should fold to the autoraise.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:26 AM

if u arent willing to pay off that raise check/call cause not only did an over come but so did the flush...

want a puke bag? i keep a few handy for when i play and when i go out to eat [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2005, 04:40 AM

I'm just curious as to what you expect villain's pre-flop range to be. As far as I can tell the only hand which villain could have here is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Perhaps A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Kx, but I don't see him calling after the blank turn. I think that a read is very important here, but I just don't see a very wide range of hands that caps pre-flop, raises the flop and is helped by that K.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:08 AM

This is interesting. It appears that either I'm blind or multiple posters have misread the situation. PF, UTG+1 limped, called a 3-bet, and then called a cap--sounds like a calling station. The flop came 2 spades, and all of a sudden he woke up and raised--sounds like a flush draw (or wheel draw if he's a total fish...there's some tiny chance of this being a set but players like this almost ALWAYS wait until the turn to raise with their set). Then he passively calls a flop 3-bet. The turn blanks and so he just calls. The river makes his obvious flush and, hooray, he was bet into so he can make the obvious raise and take down the pot! I think you should check the river and calling/folding is close.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:58 AM

This is the perfect way to check/call. This play is probably the most optimal play. With two other players to see the river, you have to double check your QQ and may consider they might not be good when the Ks came out. Flush is one draw you definitely have to consider.