Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 10:22 PM

Default 15/30 having bad runs, have to express myself

damn! haha, that's the first thing I'll say cause I'm getting beat left and right. My KK's are barely holding up, lost to a 34s while hitting a gutshot. Set of 22 losses to a runner runner straight. The last two days I'm getting beat with outters less than 6, tons of 2-4 outters actually and several 5 outters, hate those two pairs. Nothing interesting in this thread just wanted to express myself.

Well, I do have 1 hand which I want to get reviewed. I had KK in the hijack position, sb calls(solid) and bb. The flop came QQA, sb bets, bb folds, and I fold with KK. Is this a mistake? I can't see him bluffing here with anything unless he has an A or Q which I can't beat anyway.

I guess it's time for me to stop for a few days, maybe start playing again on Monday.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Re: 15/30 having bad runs, have to express myself

We spoke a bit earlier, but as said to you, you need to consider playing a little lower, you should not just jump into the 15-30 without having previous poker expierence. If you really want to make money playing poker, you to do it the right way and build your way up.

Gabe
Old 09-30-2005, 10:46 PM

You have to stop with the initial paragraph of whining if you really want to get opinions on a hand. For the love of god, just post the hand. Do we really have to go through this again?
Old 09-30-2005, 10:49 PM

Hey, how's it going. I do have previous experience, I just told you the first time I played hold'em I jumped straight to the 15/30 games. My hands been gettin cracked lately so that's why I'm even more cautions. I mean, no matter how good of a player you are, if the hands your playing are getting beat over and over you have to take a seat back and relax for a bit. If i lose to a 34s vs KK, I can't say that I'm weak cause I went in with the best hand. He got lucky to hit his gutshot.

What do you think of my hand question though? KK vs. QQA flop and a sb bets out. I think is this is a very good fold. If the pot was bigger I might call down but since the pot was only 7SBs I don't see why I would want to invest more money into it.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:50 PM

dude..i don't even post here that much and your flaming me already. i post like once a week here, barely. besides, i'm just expressing myself, so what.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:54 PM

The flop fold is OK. But trust me, you need to start at 2-4 or 3-6 or so you can get more experience. The first time you play hold-em should not be at the 15-30 level unless you make so much money you dont know what to do with it.

Also, people are going to flame you in this thread. I don't think you will listen to me, but trust me, the thing to do here is move down and learn the game against worse competition for less money.

Gabe
Old 09-30-2005, 10:56 PM

Welcome to my club buddy... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dude..i don't even post here that much and your flaming me already. i post like once a week here, barely. besides, i'm just expressing myself, so what.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was not a flaming. My reply was strictly an attempt to get you on the right track to learning and using this forum to give you guidance. The midhigh forum is full of people who got to where they are in this game by playing and studying a lot. All of us who play a lot go through these bad beats. It is just better not to waste time when you could be gathering knowledge. Spend some time in the small stakes forum.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:54 AM

I do know that bad beats come and go, I'm just saying it sucks, I'm sure everyone here understands that. It just sucks when your getting beat with gutshots, any kind of bad beats sucks overall though.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:18 AM

With no read I think you made a good fold on the flop, sometimes you will fold the best hand here, but folding is the good percentage play. As far as your recent experience at the tables.....Just remember that when you play your goal is not to make money. Your goal is to minimize your losses and maximize your gains, the making money part will take care of itself in the long run if you take care of those two things. If you feel like your making good decisions then dont worry about the results, And if you feel burned out from your losses try going to some sleazy asian massage parlor....thats what I do, and it always reinspires me [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]