Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: PP 30, Random Turn Checkraises

[ QUOTE ]
Just because you would play it this way, or that it is the correct way, does not mean it is the way most opponents will play a T.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, Im not saying he cant have a 10. I just think more times than not a 10 would c'r the flop. Obviously I am not going to win 100% of the time when I call down. I just do not think the play makes a lot of sense since I think I need to be inclined to call down.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:44 PM

I'm not sure this is a profitable river call.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:25 AM

this hand is real ugly.
he played it worse than you.
check turn.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:04 AM

Hey, I'm also having a problem about how this hand was played. Say if BB is loose and is willing to call a raise here about 40% of the time, what do you do then if he raises you on the turn? Do you give him credit for a made hand or a pure bluff, they'll bluff on the river close to 100% of the time if just called. We have to remember since the T paired up our A might not even be good. How do you play AJ against someone who is constantly bluffing the turn like this with a light hand?

The problem with me is, I tend to give them too much credit when I know that they're real loose on the blinds or on the button. I mean if you don't hit it's real tough to play against someone who's willing to raise second or third pair in this position. Is calling down here profitable? Maybe against some players but I don't think it's still worth calling down. That's my leak right now against loose aggressive opponents, any suggestions?

A read on the player is probably the best way to recognize if he's willing to bluff on the turn with garbage. Instead of reraising on the turn(making him fold), maybe we can just call him down and see a showdown. I think this is the best way to find out whether they're willing to go out of line.