Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: LA Poker Room advice

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Based on his first comments, don't listen to any advice this poster gives.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...don't listen to what I have to say...I've only been playing in these rooms since Hustler was the El Dorado and you couldn't find a NL game if your life depended on it in southern cal.

back when they were spreading draw and 5-stud.

i talk completely out of my ass.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...don't listen to what I have to say...I've only been playing in these rooms since Hustler was the El Dorado and you couldn't find a NL game if your life depended on it in southern cal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stand by my original statement.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In your opinion...can the 3/6 and 4/8 games be beaten on a consistent basis without having to put in 8+ hours?
Old 12-13-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In your opinion...can the 3/6 and 4/8 games be beaten on a consistent basis without having to put in 8+ hours?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your question makes no sense.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your question makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh....ok
Old 12-14-2005, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

uh....ok

[/ QUOTE ]

Really dude, it doesn't make sense.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are if you think suckouts and bad beats aren't what people are looking for. Everytime I get runner-runnered means that I just got some sucker to put all their money in with me as a huge favorite. So um... if you don't like games with calling stations or just loose passives. Send them my way, my home game needs some refreshing until Biloxi is back up.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Games are beatable or not... Not time dependent. Example: Not matter how long you spend throwing quarters on the little saucer coated in pam at the fair it still isn't "beatable" whether for 1 min, 1 hour or the rest of your life.

Those games are probably beatable if you can play fairly well back at home. Heck it seems like you can play 4/8 there if you can play .50/1 online even.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:34 AM

4/8 at Commerce is a crazy donk fest. I've only had a chance to play the 9/18 during the week... It did not live up to my expectations.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:24 PM

I don't mind if there are (1) or (2) loose-aggressive players at my table. If you played the 3/6 and 4/8 in socal you would know that is not the case and that the majority of the players are either loose-aggressive or loose-passive.

I don't know about you but I prefer to be HU or in 3-way pots as opposed to family pots where any two cards are played. How can you ever put ppl on a hand???

And why do several of you keep insisting that maniacs are good to play against? I can see having (1) at your table being a good thing but 6-8??? And that's what you get at socal 3/6, 4/8 and also often at the 6/12, 9/18 Limit Hold-em games.

Give me (8) tight-passive players at my table anyday.

And to address the other topic...I don't believe the 3/6 and 4/8 in socal can be beaten in the long run. By beaten I mean eeking out a decent $/hr win ratio over an extended period of time.

I'm pretty sure there's a reason pros (ppl that make their living at poker grinding it out...not big game pros) don't play 3/6 - 9/18 Limit Holdem. Do you think they would actually avoid a game that can be beat on a consistent basis?

The 10/20, 15/30 and 20/40 are much easier to grind out a steady income (edited to say...if you have aptitude for the game).

Here endith the lesson...