Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 06:07 PM

Default How Many Outs?

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] overcards aren't worth much, but even the other 4 overcards can't be worth full outs.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero ?.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: How Many Outs?

Assuming UTG+1 or MP2 doesn't already have a made flush ...

2 for remaining aces ... i'd say 1 for remaining undirty jacks (.5 each), 1 for a running straight .... 4 outs? maybe 3? Very thin +EV call if any ... if CO mucked I might consider continuing.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:16 PM

This may be a leak in my game, but I probably let this go. Seen too many people call raises with anything soooted to want to put any more money into this pot.

If you are going to play it I think you need to lead out here, or check raise MP2. I don't know that either play is going to get rid of As or Ks but I think you need to show some more aggression.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:18 PM

*grunch*

With this nasty flop, I give it 2 for the aces, given that someone does not already have the flush, and hmmmm maybe 1 for the jacks since they could potentially give someone a straight. All together Im giving this one 3 outs.

You are not exactly getting correct pot odds to call this one, since with 3 you will need around 14.5 and youre getting 13.5 on your money, I would probably just fold this flop and move on to the next hand... But it is a hard decision...
Old 12-12-2005, 06:22 PM

I do tend to lead out in overcard situations, but this one looked too tough.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:56 AM

For me with 5 players in the hand whatever it is its not enough.

I'll give it a generous 2 for backdoor str8 and overs but I don't like it at all. I'm out on the flop. The biggest concern is you are reverse dominated with a big pot. You are just feeding it dead money and the big pot might keep you in drawing to your very weak outs.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:59 AM

Leading overs are fine..but on this flop you better be willing to drop it to aggression.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:29 AM

With that many players in the hand, its an easy fold. Although you may outs to the ace, your opponents have more outs to the flush draw.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:54 AM

Its not even worth counting them, just automuck and alt-tab =P
Old 12-13-2005, 02:12 AM

I fold this without much thought. You've got 4 outs max, and plenty of redraws against you even if you catch one on the turn and you aren't already beat.