Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Attack of the blinds

Playing a 4 handed 2/4 game, me and villain both have $800. Villain just saw me make about $400 off another player by turning the nut flush after calling a re-raise PF with A9s. I bet it hard on that hand. Villain just sat down though (musta been playing before cuz he had $800 in his stack), so that's about all he knows about me and I've never played him.

I have QT[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB. Villain raises to $16 on button, SB folds I call (?).

Flop ($30): Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check/call $30 (?).

Turn ($90): Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I lead for $70 (?), planning on folding to a raise.

I have no idea what's good here and what's not. Probably none of it is good.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Attack of the blinds

good on all streets.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:51 PM

Yeah none of it's good. A few things I learned from tbg this weekend while playing wtih him. The shittier his hand, the more likely he is to reraise someone, which I always knew, but never really thought about. I remember reading it like 10 times from limon but it finally REALLY sunk in. If you put him on a steal, reraise preflop rather than calling with an awful hand oop, or just fold. I think calling is the worst option of the 3.

4 handed I would also lead this flop.

After playing it pre and on the flop, I wouldn't lead here, it would probably be very difficult for him to fire 2 barrels on that board without a very good hand, more often than not you probably get a free card for your shitty 1 pair+draw. Plus really aggro opponents with the lone ace might just raise you, but probably not at 2/4. I don't know, just my rambling.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:54 PM

disagree. whats so bad about his hand? i usually bet the flop, but i bet all the flops... check/call looks ok.
if he calls the turn, im usually not putting more money, unless i make a straight, i guess, but sometimes youll get a free showdown and win.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:54 PM

I guess...what hands do you choose to fight back (read: reraise) with from the blinds against a probable button raise.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:07 PM

i do alot with small pairs, but i just call alot too.
in these situation i just bet the flop with no pair/draw v often. sometimes the turn too. if they start of with a bad hand, its not easy to get a really good flop.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:57 PM

azk, you really dont like this?

i normally fold or raise pf, calling seems bad to me too, but postflop I probably play the same...

[ QUOTE ]
4 handed I would also lead this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

problem w/ leading into a probable steal is if button is capable at all he could raise w./ a wide range of hands, including worse pair / big heart / bluff yadda yadda and you have to drop to any action. a call doesnt leave you feeling so good, either, because there are a bunch of turns which suck and its not clear who has best hand.

I use OP's line for alot of situations like this