Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 08:49 PM

Default Re: 10-20 blind game at Bellagio

trappers sometime get trapped. trying to play cute lets your opponents see too many free or cheap cards. The game is about driving people out or making them pay. With your style of play you don't put your opponent to the test. In that game with big pairs I would been overbetting them and if they called and beat me thats poker. You did get a bit unlucky but you might have won one or two of the hands you lost. TWice with aa and qq you just called. Would it have made a difference if you made big raises? Could be. You might have won small pots instead you blew big ones.
I am sure you know all this and are just venting your bad play. It always hurts twice as bad when you lose and play poorly.
Stick to the smaller games until you can play the bigger games more comfortably.

Good Luck
Old 04-04-2005, 09:31 PM

I thought NL was all about getting out of the kiddie pool. anyways this sounds like a great game and I'm looking forward to playing it in a few weeks whilst in vegas. If I run really bad I'll post a thread whining about it here on the strategy forums.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:18 PM

Hey Turnip - might be the wrong place to post/ask but when will you be in vegas? Playing where? Just curious as I respect your post a lot and would be fun to watch you play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2005, 10:23 PM

what turnip should do is come to vegas between june 18th-june 26th and redeem his free drink coupon with myself, matt flynn and assorted others. he can even sit on my left this time.

what turnip will do is unbeknownst to me.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what turnip should do is come to vegas between june 18th-june 26th and redeem his free drink coupon with myself, matt flynn and assorted others. he can even sit on my left this time.

what turnip will do is unbeknownst to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2005, 10:35 PM

it's unbeknownst to me too, but I'm going to try to be there. congrats on graduating in may, many many rounds will be on me.

--turnipmonster
Old 04-04-2005, 10:43 PM

i was sad when i saw your april 14th date, but regained some spirits seeing your above post.

i grad. in august technically, but thanks anyways. classes are over in mid-june.

if your gf/wife (not yet is it?) gets miffed by the thought of another vegas trip, let her know my gf with be flying in the last couple days that I am (june 23rd i think). we could do something that doesnt involve a cardroom. i hear there are a few things to do in that town.

fsuplayer
Old 04-04-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was sad when i saw your april 14th date, but regained some spirits seeing your above post.

i grad. in august technically, but thanks anyways. classes are over in mid-june.

if your gf/wife (not yet is it?) gets miffed by the thought of another vegas trip, let her know my gf with be flying in the last couple days that I am (june 23rd i think). we could do something that doesnt involve a cardroom. i hear there are a few things to do in that town.

fsuplayer

[/ QUOTE ]

this is all sooooo cute.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:34 PM

lol, prepare to be underwhelmed. watching me play is about as interesting as watching grass grow, ask fsuplayer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

april 14-17th, probably playing 10/20 and I heard they have good 5/10 and 10/25 games at the MGM. it's my bachelor party so probably some 1/2 donking as well. PM me if you want to hang.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:38 PM

Oh well - wont be in vegas let alone the states till start may [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
But anyways congrats have fun [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]